New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by myk384 View Post
    Ang first generation ng Adventure is from 1998-2000.

Second gen na yung nirevise siya ng 2001 and third 2004 at 2009 ang fourth.
    Thanks again for the reply Myk384, ask ko lang kung may idea ka kung ilang kpl ang Fc ng Advaenture? May discussion ba dito sa Tsikot about Adventure? wala kasi ako mahanap na thread ....thanks much!

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by blesseddad View Post
    THANKS MUCH again GTI not only for your reply to my posts here but also for your replies to other Threads here at Tsikot as well. The informations that you shared are very helpful especially for newbies like me...

Actually, before I came across some of the threads that suggested the Altis or Vios, I personally like the "Ford Lynx" but a friend of mine mentioned that Ford are not as durable as the Toyotas or Nissans...she owns one and she said she spend much on repairs, etc. I'm not sure if she's right about this because I think Ford should be top of the line....?

( for her FORD means "Fix Or Repair Daily"...) Of course I can't just believe her until I gather informations from those who really tried the car for quite sometime...Can you please share your opinions about this? Thanks again in advance!
    You're welcome bro. Sorry for the late reply, I was out for a few days. As for the Lynx, its actually a rebadged Mazda 323 which means it is as much a Japanese car as the Toyota Corolla beside it sans the badges. Of course we do not know how your friend used her car, or in what condition it was previously if she bought it 2nd hand. If its a matic, it probably quite understandable. Or maybe its that the time has come to change worn out suspension parts. That hurts and stings. Not just with the Lynx but in any car. There are actually quite a number of Tsikoteers who are Lynx drivers and are very much satisfied with their rides.

I see, so you're also interested with the Adventure? FC differs greatly in traffic conditions, route, time of driving and driving style. For example. I usually use the 2001 Toyota Revo GLX diesel in our house. Daily commute is merely around 8kms balikan, city driving, including bumper to bumper traffic. I get around 7.5km/L. But during the last week, driving to different destinations with longer distances, lighter traffic and lesser stop and go although still within Metro Manila got me around 8.8km/L! Meanwhile out of town driving nets me 9.4km/L with speeds of 100-120km/h in NLEX and 130-145km/h in SCTEX, meaning pedal to the metal driving. More mellow driving should easily get me in excess of 10km/L. The Adventure's diesel engine is very much similar to the Revo's. I'd estimate around 7-9km/L city and 9-12km/L highway. It'd probably do better if you have an even lighter foot, but the lower numbers is about as bad as it can get while in good condition.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Need Your Advise: Buying used car in 2013...