New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    i'm thinking, if spending 150K++ for you is not that big deal, you can still purchase a hatch or gsr (i would still prefer hatch). you can make this as your project car -- something to experiment on, fiddle or play around with. this will make you more knowledgeable about cars. you'll be more confident by the time you have enough money for a brand new car. just be ready for the price you have to pay in studying your project car and for its repairs/replacements.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jeDi13 View Post
    i'm thinking, if spending 150K++ for you is not that big deal, you can still purchase a hatch or gsr (i would still prefer hatch). you can make this as your project car -- something to experiment on, fiddle or play around with. this will make you more knowledgeable about cars. you'll be more confident by the time you have enough money for a brand new car. just be ready for the price you have to pay in studying your project car and for its repairs/replacements.

thanks sir.. kaso problema eh baka kapusin ako sa budget, kung ayusan ko pa sya ng husto... based on their suggestions, honda city type z 03 would be another car to consider.. at least 2000 up series sya.. newer compared to the hatch..

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Between the compact sedan choices I'd still choose the Civic due to the more modern look, especially with the facelifted version, as compared to its rivals. And yes, your choice of car will also have to depend on your daily route. But for me, the VTEC engine is just too hard to ignore. You can take a look at the reviews made about the cars you are looking for to get more information about them. I suggest you look at www.motioncars.com/oldsite (their new site is not yet complete and runs rather sluggishly)

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by quickstrike View Post
    thanks sir.. kaso problema eh baka kapusin ako sa budget, kung ayusan ko pa sya ng husto... based on their suggestions, honda city type z 03 would be another car to consider.. at least 2000 up series sya.. newer compared to the hatch..
    right, makakapili ka na nyan ng almost nothing to fix na or minor repairs lang ang gagastosan mo if it is well-maintained by the previous owner. . . and panalo sa FC ang honda city.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by galant E SS View Post
    right, makakapili ka na nyan ng almost nothing to fix na or minor repairs lang ang gagastosan mo if it is well-maintained by the previous owner. . . and panalo sa FC ang honda city.
    ah talaga sir, matipid sa gas ang honda city? dun po kasi talaga ako nag aalangan.. luma na yung hatch although to be honest, yan ang pinaka gusto kong kotse.. ganda kasi talaga.. pero, i just want to be practical, lalo na sa case ko.. di naman kalakihan budget ko.. hehe..

meron po ako nakikita sa net na 2nd hand honda city type-z ranging from 200-230k (2000-2003 model).. good buy na po ba yun sir?? alin pong type-z ang best choice...

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Personally, the only City Type-Z I'd settle for is the 115hp VTi variant since I would never settle for a Honda that doesn't have VTEC (but that's just me). The engine is very powerful considering its sub-1000kg weight and its very economical too since its running mostly at a relaxed pace due to the abundance of power. Also, maximum torque comes at 4600rpm, much lower than the EK Civic VTi's 5500rpm, which makes stop-and-go city driving performance much better. Its upto you if you want a the newer City or the older but roomier, more powerful and better handling Civic.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Need help/suggestions for buying a 2nd hand car