New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    i'm planning to buy a car and my budget is 350k-400k.
    would you recommend on buying import cars because it's cheaper or should I buy local cars? and what kind of car can I buy with my budget? it's for my personal use in going to school.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    support the nation! buy local!
    also because it's generally easier and cheaper to service locally-assembled cars.
    what model? it's a buyers' market out there! and i won't want to impose my tastes on you.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    ok lang import cars but the problem would be the conversion. kung may magaling ka kakilala na nagcoconvert, go for it. pero the price should be a lot lower than a local unit. kasi sa 2nd hand, what we experience is that kung bebenta na, sooooooobrang baba ng resale value.

if you have the money for a local unit, go local unit. less hassle and hindi baliktad side mirror and shift stick (kung matic).

350-400k madami pwede, like altis, jazz, civic ES body, vios etc. depends on your need. personally, if daily driven, go for jazz.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Medyo marami rami ang mapipilian mo dito. Ano ba ang preferences mo? gas? diesel? sedan? hatch? SUV? AUV? pickup?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    i'm a student. I want a car that will fit my lifestyle. I'm choosing between a jazz and a gen7 civic. and I want a manual transmission

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Both cars are fast and fuel efficient. You won't go wrong with either one. Personally, I'll take the Civic since I don't like small cars let alone hatches. Besides the Civic looks decisively higher class, especially the facelifted version which has a new front and rear fascia, as well as optitron gauges.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    I'd rather go for a civic, fuel efficient yet powerfull.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Jazz... para poging pogi na estudyante ang dating. Head for the 1.5L VTEC. I heard gas consumption is about same than the i-DSi. And cheaper maintainance due to lesser spark plugs and more conventional set up.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    A secondhand 1.5 MT Jazz is one of the Honda holy grails... desirable... expensive secondhand. A 1.3 MT would be cheaper and possibly a better deal.

Extra spark plugs, personally, not a problem. You'll only change them once a year, if ever.

-

If you're a student and have little time for maintenance, buy the newest, best-condition locally-sold car you can. Buying a converted unit means dealing with parts availability issues that can leave you carless for days or weeks while you hunt for the parts.

You don't need the distraction. You need something simple and durable that you can drive and forget.
    Last edited by niky; October 24th, 2010 at 03:04 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

need help in buying a 2nd hand car