New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Car will be used 3 to 4 times a week going to office ( san Pedro to fort bonifacio)
    Capacity: family of 5 persons
    Budget - 200k

Automatic or Gas?
    Diesel or Gas?
    Fuel efficieny

thinking of sedan or hatchback,

considering to buy:

2nd hand: crosswind, jazz,

you advice/suggestion is highly appreciated, Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    sir 2nd hand lang.. walang brand new na 200K

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by stan1211 View Post
    Car will be used 3 to 4 times a week going to office ( san Pedro to fort bonifacio)
    Capacity: family of 5 persons
    Budget - 200k

Automatic or Gas?
    Diesel or Gas?
    Fuel efficieny

thinking of sedan or hatchback,

considering to buy:

2nd hand: crosswind, jazz,

you advice/suggestion is highly appreciated, Thanks!
    Is the budget at 200k flat? I doubt you will be able to find a Crosswind for 200k, though you may be able to find some higher mileage Hilander's for this price.

Yes, there are 2nd hand Jazz's at this price, but these are the Japan surplus, converted B-plate units. Its up to you if you are willing to take them. If properly converted and cared for these can be as good as local Jazz's, some may be even better (equipped with additional features such as AWD). It also does not have the CVT problems plaguing the local units as it uses the traditional 4 speed A/T. But of course, resale value is almost non-existent and reliability will depend on the work that went to the unit you got.

Isuzu HILANDER 1997 Model For SALE!!! Philippines - 3672637
    2000 ISUZU HILANDER SLX ALL POWER Philippines - 3679366
    1997 Isuzu Hilander SL Philippines - 3769030
    ISUZU HILANDER '99 245K negotiable Philippines - 3823707
    Isuzu Highlander MT - 98 - Cars for sale NCR - AyosDito.ph

honda fit * 265k Philippines - 3716443
    FOR SALE HONDA FIT Philippines - 3283745

4. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Thanks for the reply and suggestion!

For Brand New what is you recommendation? for family use only and should be fuel efficient.
    Thinking of APV.

For 2nd Hand , Budget is 200k -250K only.Family use and fuel efficient.
    Yes as you mentioned we are thinking of buying the converted one as they are more cheaper.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    The APV is sturdy but underpowered which will mean that its slow and the gas mileage is not good. Being a Suzuki also means that dealer network is not that wide. Are you planning to use the 250k for downpayment purposes? I normally do not recommend this vehicle but this vehicle might actually suit your needs. What do you think about the Avanza? 1.5G M/T (so that you won't be underpowered if you intend to seat 7 people) costs 803k before discounts while the base 5 seater 1.3J costs 593k.

For 2nd hand, what do you think of the Hilander? Being an Isuzu means that its fuel efficient, adequately powerful and would continue running till judgment day and trumpets sound. (joking, but you get my point, right?)

You may want to look into Korean surplus units as well. These are much more desirable than Japan surplus as they are not converted. Here are some units you may be interested in. (Some are local units)
    Hyundai Starex MT - 98 - Cars for sale NCR - AyosDito.ph
    Hyundai Starex AT - 98 - Cars for sale NCR - AyosDito.ph
    1998 hyundai starex svx rv top of the line diesel automatic FOR SALE from Manila Metropolitan Area Caloocan * Adpost.com Classifieds > Philippines > 1998 hyundai starex svx rv top of the line diesel automatic FOR SALE from Manila Metropolitan Area Ca
    Carfinder Philippines | HOME
    Kia Carnival MT - 00 - Cars for sale NCR - AyosDito.ph
    Kia Carnival MT - 00 - Cars for sale NCR - AyosDito.ph
    Kia Carnival MT - 01 - Cars for sale NCR - AyosDito.ph

Converted units are OK, but you have to be very, very careful in buying these units. Make sure the conversion is of high quality and all the necessary parts are replaced. Also, it would be best if the one you are buying has a locally available counterpart so that it would be much easier to find parts. (first two links are local units)

Mazda MPV-97 - Cars for sale NCR - AyosDito.ph
    Mazda MPV turbo diesel van - Cars for sale NCR - AyosDito.ph
    Mitsubishi Space Gear AT - 01 - Cars for sale NCR - AyosDito.ph
    Mitsubishi Space Gear AT - 05 - Cars for sale NCR - AyosDito.ph
    Mitsubishi Space Gear AT - 06 - Cars for sale NCR - AyosDito.ph
    Toyota Others MT - 97 - Cars for sale NCR - AyosDito.ph
    Toyota HIACE SUPER CUSTOM DIESEL 4X4 AT - Cars for sale NCR - AyosDito.ph

6. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Update:

If buy 2nd hand, budget will be 200k to 250k max.
    -at least year 2000 above model
    -diesel/gas as long as fuel efficient
    -vios, city or altis and other alike is ok

for Brand New, 200K down and the rest will be financing
    -thinking of vios or honda city

your thoughts and suggestion please,

found this also :FS:2003 Toyota Altis 1.8G AT - PinoyExchange

do you think it is ok?

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    *GTi: Inubos mo lahat ng Korean cars ah :hysterical:

Seriously, you love Korean cars that much? As in every thread di pwede mawala sa "papel" ang Korean cars..

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    *GTi: Inubos mo lahat ng Korean cars ah :hysterical:

Seriously, you love Korean cars that much? As in every thread di pwede mawala sa "papel" ang Korean cars..
    Haha! Hindi naman sa ganon... It just so happened that the Korean cars really fit the bill of many of our car hunters here. And it is true, isn't it? You experienced it first hand yourself.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Yes, it is.

Pero don't forget that there are "other" cars that is the same or even better than Korean Cars.

I'm a fan, I admit. But "too much" is bad. Seriously. And come to think of it wala ka pa Korean car(s) sa lagay na yan.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    Yes, it is.

Pero don't forget that there are "other" cars that is the same or even better than Korean Cars.

I'm a fan, I admit. But "too much" is bad. Seriously. And come to think of it wala ka pa Korean car(s) sa lagay na yan.
    That is true, so I added also the Mazda MPV, Hilander, Space Gear and Hiace 3.0EFI Turbo. Feeling ko lang talaga ang Starex bagay sa TS kasi hindi siya mahal, kumportable at may hatak din naman. All it needs a bit of rustproofing if it lacks it. We have many family friends who have owned the Gen 1 Starex and so I know it really is a good car.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Need Advice: Planning to buy my first car ( Brand New or 2nd Hand ) - 200 K Budget