New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Mitsubishi Montero Sport 2.5GLX 4x2 M/T * 1.198M SRP. 2.5L diesel M/T means fuel consumption is at the very least, acceptable. Better if you drive at a relaxed pace, especially in the city. 136hp/314Nm engine with a manual tranny means that it is at least adequately quick enough for all but the most daredevil of overtaking manuevers. Its not very spacious inside but the ride is comfy enough. This one exudes a more high class image, as compared to the Innova, which screams "family car" no matter how you look at it. You may also appreciate this more since you're coming from a Mitsubishi vehicle, and considering the age of your car, assuming you bought it brand new, you're probably quite satisfied with it.

Then there's the Toyota Innova 2.5G D4D M/T * 1.1M SRP. This one's known to be a fuel miser, and its good points need no further mention. But then, ride quality is not very good. This engine's got excellent low end torque, which makes it agile in city driving. If you are a very heavy footed driver, however, you will find it lacking power in high rpms. It does have only 102hp after all.

For a bit more at 1.23M SRP, there's the base Kia Sorento 2.2R e-VGT M/T. You get good gas mileage along all the punch you can wish for from the 197hp engine. Downside is that its only a 5 seater.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    I won't recommend the Isuzu Crosswind Sportivo X either. Lalo na nga at ginagamit mo 'kamo sa business.
    Surely, you will enter Makati area, and yes the dreaded Kalayaan Ave. AKA Balete Drive for Crosswind
    owners. Ang tataba ng mga buwaya diyan sir! Pati nga mga Crosswind na katatapos lang magpa- Smoke
    Emission Test pinahihinto pa rin. Pipilitin na sumakay sa sasakyan mo and step on the gas. Feel na feel
    sumakay ng kotse eh. Hindi ka naman huhulihin kasi nga malinis naman at katatapos nga lang SET. Kaya nga
    lang sobra namang abala. Bukod sa iyung iba no- took- bath pa. Yuck!!!

I'll also recommend the Innova 2.5G D4D. Why? Just read Sir renzo_d10's reply above. Prices are as
    mentioned by Sir Starex_Gold. And yes, may large discounts nga raw this season. Hinihintay ko lang kung
    totoo 'yung sinasabi nilang they can give the same discount as Isuzu and Mitsubishi...

3. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Thanks sa mga inputs. Seems like Innova is on the lead pero ilan ba exactly ang F/C ng Innova lets say Dasma to Manila via Cavitex? Kasi kung mga bandang 10km\L eh halos di siya nagkakalayo sa current ride kong Adventure SS 2000 na gas. I always compute yan kada karga ko and average is around 9.3km\L siya. I heard kasi sa ninong ko na his Innova went to around 18km\L? Tama po ba yan?

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Depende rin kasi sa driving ng tao at traffic conditions. Kung sinabing 10km/L, most likely city driving yan. I have two friends, one with a 2010 Fortuner 2.5D4D M/T and another with a 2010 Fortuner 2.5D4D A/T. Both differ in routes and driving styles with the one with the M/T being the more aggressive driver. Both get 9km/L thereabouts, city driving. That is to say, including bumper to bumper rush hour traffic and with almost zero highway driving. The Innova M/T, being significantly lighter and having the same engine, is expected to give similar, if not better fuel efficiency. If you run Cavitex a lot, with light traffic conditions and driving within reasonable speeds, I'd be expecting 12km/L at least.

Just for further sharing and comparison, on a trip to Subic, our Revo GLX 2.4L diesel got me 9.4km/L fuel consumption. That's from QC, through NLEX (average 100-120km/h) and SCTEX (average 130-145km/h) with some driving in Subic. The tach was around and above 3000rpm all the time in NLEX and around and above 4000rpm all the time in SCTEX, 145km/h was reached at 4600rpm . For city driving, I get around 7.5km/L. That's very short trips around 9kms balikan, involving cold starts and heavy bumper to bumper traffic. Expect better from the Innova.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    That is to say, including bumper to bumper rush hour traffic and with almost zero highway driving. The Innova M/T, being significantly lighter and having the same engine, is expected to give similar, if not better fuel efficiency. If you run Cavitex a lot, with light traffic conditions and driving within reasonable speeds, I'd be expecting 12km/L at least.
    YUP chief GTi, give or take, somewhere within those range nga siguro ang Innova in combined slow city driving and freeways. Recently we had somewhat ran a fuel mileage test on our current diesels, though the intention was a family outing from Metro Manila to Nasugbu, Batangas and Tagaytay Highlands with an unintentional detour to Calamba, Laguna to see the current end-leg of SLEX. Lent my D-max to brod-in-law (bayaw kay younger sis), while i drove wifey's Innova 2.5 D-4D; 5 persons in each vehicle. Both are manual trannies, and we both ran at the same pace of 80 kph to 120 kph, except along the Tagaytay Highlands road, along the narrow Tagaytay Highlands-to-Calamba road and in Metro Manila. It was a non-econo run, as you may say.

After 270.3 kms, the pickup consumed 19.65 litres (as measured after refilling the morning after) or 1/4 of its 76-litre tank while the Innova consumed almost already 1/2 of its 55-litre tank. The D-max returned 13.76 km per litre mileage while the Innova gave us somewhere around 12.50 km per litre. Well, the Innova obviously revs higher than the pickup especially at higher speeds that might explain why.

Interested to find out how the Innova will do from Metro Manila-to-Baguio City via the Marcos Highway - got 13.40 km per litre on the D-max in 2010 going up to Baguio, and 17.10 km per litre Metro Manila-to-CWC, Naga City in summer of 2010 ;)

Cheers!

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    *TS: I believe 18km/L is attainable. But then that involves highway driving with little to no traffic, and driving below 100km/h.

*bro d_mac: Tipid talaga ng D-Max eh noh? Even with a 3.0L displacement, FC is still better than a 2.5L engine which is known for fuel efficiency! May Innova ka diba? Lagyan mo kaya nung Race Chip tulad nung D-Max mo. Speedlab has published big hp improvements with the 2KD engine using the Unichip, around 20whp gain with the chip alone. It obviously has a lot of untapped potential.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    *TS: I believe 18km/L is attainable. But then that involves highway driving with little to no traffic, and driving below 100km/h.

*bro d_mac: Tipid talaga ng D-Max eh noh? Even with a 3.0L displacement, FC is still better than a 2.5L engine which is known for fuel efficiency! May Innova ka diba? Lagyan mo kaya nung Race Chip tulad nung D-Max mo. Speedlab has published big hp improvements with the 2KD engine using the Unichip, around 20whp gain with the chip alone. It obviously has a lot of untapped potential.
    Kay master-and-commander (the wifey) ang Innova chief hehe.... YUP, lalagyan din namin ng Racechip Pro next year boss GTi, convince ko pa si miss tipid!

The Unichip is another option also, especially that if it will be tuned by Ferman Lao himself of TopGear Phils. hehe ;)

The thread-starter though i believe won't go wrong with the Innova 2.5 D-4D and if he can SWING just a bit more money, he can go for the non-VGT Mitsubishi Monterosport 2.5 Di-D manual-tranny (just like one of your suggested rides), or also the manual-tranny Chevrolet Trailblazer 2.5 VCDi Duramax that comes with the fix geometry turbo (wastegate)

Cheers!

8. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by d_mac View Post
    Kay master-and-commander (the wifey) ang Innova chief hehe.... YUP, lalagyan din namin ng Racechip Pro next year boss GTi, convince ko pa si miss tipid!

The Unichip is another option also, especially that if it will be tuned by Ferman Lao himself of TopGear Phils. hehe ;)

The thread-starter though i believe won't go wrong with the Innova 2.5 D-4D and if he can SWING just a bit more money, he can go for the non-VGT Mitsubishi Monterosport 2.5 Di-D manual-tranny (just like one of your suggested rides), or also the manual-tranny Chevrolet Trailblazer 2.5 VCDi Duramax that comes with the fix geometry turbo (wastegate)

Cheers!

D Mac- Pinupush mo na rin pala yung Mitsubishi?

9. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by marktams86 View Post
    D Mac- Pinupush mo na rin pala yung Mitsubishi?
    Not really Boss Mark Tami-ing - is that you boss????

Consider that i just fat-fingered the keyboards from my jurassic PC that it misspelled entirely the Montysport hehe
    ....But really naki-ride (lang) ako sa sinabi ni idol GTi even if he knew for a fact that i'm not really impressed with the Monty.

Cheers!

10. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    I think I would be buying Innova E Diesel Manual tranny na. I will be test driving today. But I will be selling also my Adventure 2000 Supersports gas. San mabilis magbenta?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
My first brand new car