New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    ganito.. magpa quote ka sa mga dealer.. at least 3 dealers.. tell them to put their quotes in writing.. pati freebies.. sabihin mo cash purchase.. then piliin mo y ung may pinaka magandang offer.. since cash purchase.. magkakatalo lang yan sa discount and freebies..

pag nakapili ka na.. give that quote sa bank mo where you would ask for a loan.. pag na approve yun.. ready mo lang down payment.. then get the PO from the bank.. pay insurance.. then give that to the dealer..

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    well tama ka sir, the 2nd row leg room and headroom of the orlando is not much bigger than the 2nd row of a sedan. just that it has 3rd row seats but the TS wont be able to use the 3rd rows due to the need for trunk space. The innova give some improvement in head room size wise, same with a sedan also. in this case, the Carnival is the best bet for now other than a full size van.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hmmm... if you're planning to get a new car in 2-3 years then the Innova could work for now, assuming your make up trunk would fit in half the space for the 3rd row. The yaya and some kids could take the 2nd row, your elder kid could take half the 3rd row, and whatever things could be placed in the front seat or behind the 3rd row or on top of the trunk. It's a squeeze for the time being.

Carnival would be better IMO. Though it technically seats as many as the Innova, it does so more comfortably. And those seats are western sized. Plus there's all this room for luggage. With all rows up, there's still generous room behind the 3rd row. When all rows are down, there's a helluva lot more room. Thing balikbayan boxes. 3rd row split folds so you can have gear and put someone at that last row and not worry if he or she is comfy.

The Innova would be a better daily driver because of its smaller size. If you have MU engagements, it would be easier to park at tight venues. But in terms of people and cargo loading, it can't beat the Carnival.

How much of a problem is vertical and horizontal clearance? Have a problem with vertical clearance in our basement parking so the GS cannot fit in one of our slots.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by IMm29 View Post
    Hmmm... if you're planning to get a new car in 2-3 years then the Innova could work for now, assuming your make up trunk would fit in half the space for the 3rd row. The yaya and some kids could take the 2nd row, your elder kid could take half the 3rd row, and whatever things could be placed in the front seat or behind the 3rd row or on top of the trunk. It's a squeeze for the time being.
    Exactly the configuration that I have in mind, bro....(i.e., fold one of the two seats in the 3rd row)...

Just do not buy the V variant, as it has captain seats (not the regular seat) in the 2nd row...

17.8K:snow:

5. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    The husband of my kumare works for GM and he designed Orlando, asking also if i want a trailblazer instead

Here's what they said re trackrecord

"ganito kasi mare mahal sya tapos its a crossover vehicle. un size nya between montero & a car. kaya konti bumibili pero maganda kasi ang loob nya cruze.
    sa totoo mahirap maging successful ang orlando dito saten kasi walang market. takot kasi bumili pinoy ng ganyan. mas type nla toyota innova."

6. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by yummommy View Post
    The husband of my kumare works for GM and he designed Orlando, asking also if i want a trailblazer instead

Here's what they said re trackrecord

"ganito kasi mare mahal sya tapos its a crossover vehicle. un size nya between montero & a car. kaya konti bumibili pero maganda kasi ang loob nya cruze.
    sa totoo mahirap maging successful ang orlando dito saten kasi walang market. takot kasi bumili pinoy ng ganyan. mas type nla toyota innova."
    ok din naman orlando.
    base kasi sa description mo what you need to look for is yung mga sasakyan na pwedeng 50/50 fold sa 3rd row seats half para sa personal ref mo at half para sa yaya or sa isang kid mo na uupo sa likod. i don't think na 50/50 ang fold ng carnival (i can be wrong though). ang orlando at innova both 50/50 ang 3rd row seats, sa looks ok ang orlando pero sa space talo siya ng innova. i have a grand livina but i won't recommend it to you dahil dito.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Forget about Orlando, masikip yan para sa requirement mo mommy.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Bin Diesel View Post
    ok din naman orlando.
    base kasi sa description mo what you need to look for is yung mga sasakyan na pwedeng 50/50 fold sa 3rd row seats half para sa personal ref mo at half para sa yaya or sa isang kid mo na uupo sa likod. i don't think na 50/50 ang fold ng carnival (i can be wrong though). ang orlando at innova both 50/50 ang 3rd row seats, sa looks ok ang orlando pero sa space talo siya ng innova. i have a grand livina but i won't recommend it to you dahil dito.
    we're on the same boat sir. I can't recommend the grand livina dahil hindi 50/50 ang 3rd row. i had this problem going back from cagayan to manila. 5 adults 1 baby. Baby has a car seat sa 2nd row so kelangan talaga i-open ung 3rd row. Nagkasya naman lahat but for sure, the yaya (who was at the 3rd row) didn't have the most comfortable 17-hour ride. hehe.

back to topic: how about a midsize sedan? 2nd row should be spacious enough for the yaya + baby + 2 toddlers. eldest toddler naman sa passenger seat.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by yummommy View Post

Now napaisip ako, i have a co-parent (mom din) she has 4 tots also and driving an Avanza. Mukhang kasya naman sila pero just last week she said she's buying a casa maitained sedan kasi hindi na raw enough ung avanza.
    baka midsize sedan yang bibilhin nya

10. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Orlando? Mukhang medyo hindi tugma sa needs mo...
    Actually Tita, ideal family van ang Orlando, 'yan eh kung nasa America ka.
    Nahirapan lang siyang mag succeed sa 'pinas kasi practikal ang mga pinoy.
    Tingnan mo na lang, halos pareho lang sila ng presyo ng Innova o kaya 'yang
    Montero pero bakit di siya mabenta?
    Just my one peso:
    1. Kaunti lang kasi ang may Orlando. Bihira ang makapagbibigay ng "pros and cons" na
    galing mismo sa mga owners.
    2. Iniisip rin agad ng mga pinoys ang mga "after sales issues". Like paano kung masira,
    aside from casa, saan bibili o magpapagawa? Unlike Toyota nga or any Japanese car, baka
    kahit ngongo magagawa ang kotse mo o sa mga kapitbahay mo lang makakahingi ka na ng piyesa.

Trailblazer? Maganda... 'yun eh kung feeling Anne Curtiz ka! Getzmo?!?

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast