New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Close to the lowest TCO would be something like the Celerio, or, failing that, a Mirage.

Vios, you will not get the same economy over time, and if you're thinking long term, that extra fuel use over 100,000 kilometers adds up to a possible 100,000 peso difference (as long as gas stays at around 53 pesos per liter).

Lowest TCO, obviously, would be an Alto, which starts under 400k, but without safety features.

The Mirage is about as low as you can go and still get decent space (meaning similar to your old Vios) and safety features. The Wigo is in there, too, but I like the Mitsubishi more.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by mykpogi View Post
    Need advice on a new daily drive.

I currently own an Alterra and a 9-year old Vios with almost 200km on its odometer. My Vios is my daily drive, and the SUV is used only during long trips and coding. I would replace my Vios soon with an equally economical car (in terms of TCO and fuel efficiency) - After 9 years of ownership, the only major fixes done to the Vios are compressor replacements and the normal wear-and-tear maintenance (e.g. brakes, suspension).

There are too many choices in the market right now, and I'm torn among the small cars (Wigo, Mirage, ...), subcompacts(City, Vios, ...) and mpvs (Avanza, Ertiga, ...).

My criteria:
    1. I don't need a high performance car.
    2. I need a car that I can own convenienty for the next 10 years.
    3. Low TCO and fuel efficiency. Cheap parts and maintenance.
    4. Basic security features (sensors and airbags).
    5. Flood-wading capability is not that important.
    6. Budget of 500k - 900k.
    7. Manual transmission, but light to drive (soft clutch).
    8. Best discount for cash buyer.
    9. I don't go for looks (evident on my "hearse"-looking Alterra as the haters say it). I go for reliability.

TIA
    I would recommend the innova J because it's within your budget of 900k

how about the isuzu crooswind xt even if it doesen't have airbags it fits all 8 of your criteria

3. Join Date
    Mar 2014

I currently own an Alterra and a 9-year old Vios with almost 200km on its odometer. My Vios is my daily drive, and the SUV is used only during long trips and coding. I would replace my Vios soon with an equally economical car (in terms of TCO and fuel efficiency) - After 9 years of ownership, the only major fixes done to the Vios are compressor replacements and the normal wear-and-tear maintenance (e.g. brakes, suspension).

There are too many choices in the market right now, and I'm torn among the small cars (Wigo, Mirage, ...), subcompacts(City, Vios, ...) and mpvs (Avanza, Ertiga, ...).

My criteria:
    9. I don't go for looks (evident on my "hearse"-looking Alterra as the haters say it). I go for reliability.

TIA
    Sir mykpogi,

For utilitarian, Altis G variant (MT) and innova (J and E variant), for everyday driving + the design of the body, (wide body frame is very advantage lalo wag naman po sana, in-case of any certain minor or major collision) and lastly, the basic and important safety equipment ng certain vechile(s), airbag & and ABS.... good enough features, (practically wise + tech. knowledge) and strategically
    wise...pag dating sa mga expenses, hehehe

kahit anong sasakyan po yan, basta by the end of the day, kahit sobrang bilis ng depreciation ng sasakyan, pero profit income ang pag-gamit ng sasakyan + the practical wise...bawing bawi yan sir! hehehe...

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Do you still maintain your cars at the casa? If not, the Accent CRDi would be a good choice. You get excellent fuel efficiency with the bonus of great performance. Being a diesel means the manual transmission is much easier to use. No precarious balancing in heavy traffic conditions as is common with low displacement gasoline cars.

You can also consider the Honda Brio. Small, commuter car like the Wigo and Mirage, but with a real, properly sized engine. Since it would be less stressed than the other two given the same workload, I'm positive that it would have a longer service life. The engine's been proven reliable too, having seen service in the City for several years now.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

5. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Close to the lowest TCO would be something like the Celerio, or, failing that, a Mirage.

Vios, you will not get the same economy over time, and if you're thinking long term, that extra fuel use over 100,000 kilometers adds up to a possible 100,000 peso difference (as long as gas stays at around 53 pesos per liter).

Lowest TCO, obviously, would be an Alto, which starts under 400k, but without safety features.

The Mirage is about as low as you can go and still get decent space (meaning similar to your old Vios) and safety features. The Wigo is in there, too, but I like the Mitsubishi more.
    Getting the Suzuki Alto was also a thought; but when I checked its security features, wag na lang. :D
    I checked the Mirage and the Wigo, but didn't try driving them yet. But based on reviews, mukhang good buy (Wigo cheaper, but less power, with more features).

6. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by crosswind View Post
    I would recommend the innova J because it's within your budget of 900k

how about the isuzu crooswind xt even if it doesen't have airbags it fits all 8 of your criteria

Quote Originally Posted by playplugg View Post
    Sir mykpogi,

For utilitarian, Altis G variant (MT) and innova (J and E variant), for everyday driving + the design of the body, (wide body frame is very advantage lalo wag naman po sana, in-case of any certain minor or major collision) and lastly, the basic and important safety equipment ng certain vechile(s), airbag & and ABS.... good enough features, (practically wise + tech. knowledge) and strategically
    wise...pag dating sa mga expenses, hehehe

kahit anong sasakyan po yan, basta by the end of the day, kahit sobrang bilis ng depreciation ng sasakyan, pero profit income ang pag-gamit ng sasakyan + the practical wise...bawing bawi yan sir! hehehe...

Sirs!!

Medyo nalalakihan ako sa Innova
    Pero priority ko talaga ang safety ko, and my passengers, kaya I need basic security features (e.g. ABS, Airbags, Sensors). As much as possible, I want to get these features na stock na (ayaw ko magpa after market especially the security features).

7. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Do you still maintain your cars at the casa? If not, the Accent CRDi would be a good choice. You get excellent fuel efficiency with the bonus of great performance. Being a diesel means the manual transmission is much easier to use. No precarious balancing in heavy traffic conditions as is common with low displacement gasoline cars.

You can also consider the Honda Brio. Small, commuter car like the Wigo and Mirage, but with a real, properly sized engine. Since it would be less stressed than the other two given the same workload, I'm positive that it would have a longer service life. The engine's been proven reliable too, having seen service in the City for several years now.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    I maintain my cars sa CASA for the first 3-5 years; pero depende sa quality of work. Based on my experience, Inteco has good service, but some negative feedbacks sa HARI. (My family's 2010 Starex [40km on the odometer] already experienced a major engine breakdown due the CASA technicians' incompetence).

I agree with the Brio. Medyo "off" lang yung rear nya. Pero I might consider it if it drives well. Will definitely check it out when it's already available for test drive.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    However, on the 8th or so years, baka maglabasan na yung mga problema sa injectors, turbo, etc. And being a CRDI, expensive.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by b0y37 View Post
    However, on the 8th or so years, baka maglabasan na yung mga problema sa injectors, turbo, etc. And being a CRDI, expensive.
    Anong estimate takbo sa ODO before maglabasan ang mga injector problems?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2013

My criteria:

TIA
    Try to consider the Toyota Yaris or Suzuki Swift 1.2.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12