New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    actually, i'm more of a blob..
    but hey! let's hold on to our antiques. someone has to make sure the old parts guys stay in business..
    heh heh.
    that explains it the padding is all natural

on a smaller picture, small diesel conveyance are more fuel EFFICIENT evidently due to cheaper fuel cost

on a bigger picture, small gas conveyance is more PRACTICAL to own because initial cost of a diesel counterpart is padded. in addition maintenance cost for a diesel variant is MORE EXPENSIVE than gas engines
    Last edited by kisshmet; September 23rd, 2013 at 02:12 PM.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    [QUOTE=kisshmet;2233357]that explains it the padding is all natural
    sige... tataba rin kayo (sabi ni meyor lim).

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by parak21 View Post
    Oh wait,

My brother now prefers a real sub compact since he needs space for other passengers. And ayaw daw niya na maliit tignan.

How about the mirage sedan? Does it have almost the same passenger space as the above mentioned sub compact cars?
    I suggest you go to a mitsubishi showrom and get into a MIRAGE and MIRAGE G4. Bother offers REAL passenger space for four people. The G4 has a bit more leg room due to longer wheel base of the MIRAGE G4 sedan.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08 View Post
    My Mirage CVT feels just a bit more efficient than my 2010 Vios 1.5G AT. Now that I experienced both, I'm more inclined to suggesting a 1.5L Vios AT. Although, the Vios 1.3L AT is indeed a bit more economical than a 1.5G AT during city traffic driving, during normal driving conditions, the 1.5L AT is still way better. That is, taken into consideration that you are travelling with passengers, with bit of highway driving where power and economy balance is important. The 1.5L is still better. Tried a real world driving (no eco style, hataw pag pwede) with a 1.3L AT convoy (with me using my 1.5G AT) to Tagaytay and the 1.3L ending up consuming almost same. With the 1.3L struggling to keep up in the inclines. I hope you get what I mean.
    Same thing here. Our Mirage GLS CVT is only a bit more economical than our 2007 2nd gen Vios 1.5 4A/T with 17 inch rims. about 1 km/l in average. The Mirage and Vios 1.5 are roughly the same in fuel consumption maybe because of my driving foot. getting used to the acceleration of the Sorento R-eVGT and 1.5 vios for everyday use makes me press the accelerator pedal more on the mirage on highway driving

After a year of using the Mirage and clocked 20,000 kilometers, I can say it is a pretty good car. the features are well worth the price tag, It's easy to drive, more fun to drive than the vios (not considering the additional more horses on the 1.5 ) don't expect too much on the claimed fuel consumption though. even in pure highway that 21km/l is hard to achieve when you are driving at least 90kph. haha. I did achieved last night an 18.5 Km/L consumption travelling 60 kms no traffic and about 7 traffic light stops with a very very very conservative foot and 80kph speed limit haha.

Some Issues I have with the mirage:

- That Starter and Flywheel problem on the mirage which I did not yet relayed to the service. it happens like once a week where all you can hear upon starting is high pitch motor noise.
    - The ABS Recall which is Done
    - There is something in the brakes occasionally where the brake pedal is vibrating during braking. like ABS is triggered or something. but it is not hard braking naman.
    - The evidence of Cost Cutting is everywhere. plastics, center console box is an accessory, there are no cabin lights on the rear and the hatch, etc. The noise at highway speeds is annoying. lack of sound insulation. but I have to commend the Suspension set-up. It is surprisingly comfortable for a little car. it deals with bumps on highways well for 3 or 4 persons. but with 5 adults on-board, the suspension will bottom up easily on uneven road surfaces
    - Braking performance is noticably weaker with full 5 passengers. but it would suffice. you do have to adjust.
    - the colors on the bumper are now yellowish. the body color is different with the painted plastics.
    - the labor rates at Mitsubishi PMS are high also the Turbo XP FS oil they carry is also expensive and there is no Semi-synthetic option. together with the labor, a 3 Liter Fully Synthtic PMS of a Mirage costs the same as a 7 Liter Semi-Synthetic PMS of the Sorento R-eVGT.
    - the A/C Cabin filter is very dirty at around 16T Kms. turbine noise and foul smell every time you turn on the A/C and it is not readily available at three CASAs I visited. I have no choice but to clean it with a leaf blower.

You can't expect really on a car this cheap, its still a good buy considering the features this car has. Push Button Start with proximity entry, Automatic Climate Control and GPS/Touchscreen for under 600k after the early-bird discount for the top of the range GLS. its a hundred thousand or more cheaper than the others. it is a very good car for city driving. if you drive often highway, uh uhm, better get the vios 1.5

5. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ratchet23 View Post
    Same thing here. Our Mirage GLS CVT is only a bit more economical than our 2007 2nd gen Vios 1.5 4A/T with 17 inch rims. about 1 km/l in average. The Mirage and Vios 1.5 are roughly the same in fuel consumption maybe because of my driving foot. getting used to the acceleration of the Sorento R-eVGT and 1.5 vios for everyday use makes me press the accelerator pedal more on the mirage on highway driving

After a year of using the Mirage and clocked 20,000 kilometers, I can say it is a pretty good car. the features are well worth the price tag, It's easy to drive, more fun to drive than the vios (not considering the additional more horses on the 1.5 ) don't expect too much on the claimed fuel consumption though. even in pure highway that 21km/l is hard to achieve when you are driving at least 90kph. haha. I did achieved last night an 18.5 Km/L consumption travelling 60 kms no traffic and about 7 traffic light stops with a very very very conservative foot and 80kph speed limit haha.

- That Starter and Flywheel problem on the mirage which I did not yet relayed to the service. it happens like once a week where all you can hear upon starting is high pitch motor noise.
    - There is something in the brakes occasionally where the brake pedal is vibrating during braking. like ABS is triggered or something. but it is not hard braking naman.
    - The evidence of Cost Cutting is everywhere. plastics, center console box is an accessory, there are no cabin lights on the rear and the hatch, etc. The noise at highway speeds is annoying. lack of sound insulation. but I have to commend the Suspension set-up. It is surprisingly comfortable for a little car. it deals with bumps on highways well for 3 or 4 persons. but with 5 adults on-board, the suspension will bottom up easily on uneven road surfaces
    - Braking performance is noticably weaker with full 5 passengers. but it would suffice. you do have to adjust.
    - the colors on the bumper are now yellowish. the body color is different with the painted plastics.
    - the labor rates at Mitsubishi PMS are high also the Turbo XP FS oil they carry is also expensive and there is no Semi-synthetic option. together with the labor, a 3 Liter Fully Synthtic PMS of a Mirage costs the same as a 7 Liter Semi-Synthetic PMS of the Sorento R-eVGT.
    - the A/C Cabin filter is very dirty at around 16T Kms. turbine noise and foul smell every time you turn on the A/C and it is not readily available at three CASAs I visited. I have no choice but to clean it with a leaf blower.

You can't expect really on a car this cheap, its still a good buy considering the features this car has. Push Button Start with proximity entry, Automatic Climate Control and GPS/Touchscreen for under 600k after the early-bird discount for the top of the range GLS. its a hundred thousand or more cheaper than the others. it is a very good car for city driving. if you drive often highway, uh uhm, better get the vios 1.5
    What is your fuel consumption with the vios 1.5g? So you are saying that the vios 1.5 and the mirage cvt, hinde naglalayo ng consumption for CITY driving?

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by a9828 View Post
    i usually talk to taxi drivers whenever i go to and from the airport. here are the usual observations (taxi drivers / operators na to so bugbog talaga yung mga unit):

- gen2 vios is really efficient and no sense anymore converting these to LPG
    - nissan sentras (current GX body) are best for LPG conversion if done properly but this takes a toll on wear and tear
    - surprisingly, 2-3 yr old diesel accents (older design) are already reporting a lot of electrical and mechanical problems (nothing against hyundai, not affiliated with any other car company)

in general also for taxis, engines nowadays are already very fuel efficient that it's actually better to just maintain the car regularly and have good driving patterns (vs LPG conversion to still recover initial cost). i guess this realization can be applied to private driving as well. the bottom line - get a car that you'll enjoy for around 5yrs because you'll be seeing it everyday; there are more factors to consider other than FC. drive properly and the savings you'll get from fuel costs will surely be more worth it than thinking about initial acquisition cost differences.

but to answer your question, i'd go with the vios or mirage. though vios e ako vs mirage glx hatch (ang hassle ng hindi central locking). tingnan mo na rin mirage g4 glx, better specs than hatch plus cheaper than vios e. relatively mahal ang honda maintenance vs the rest (from experience) so that adds to TCO in the long run.
    The Accent issues I've heard of are turbos. The extreme stop-start-stop cycle of taxi drivers, the lack of warm-up and cool-down time, as well has heavy traffic is bad for turbos. Regular drivers shouldn't see those problems.

Hot traffic is also not great for LPG conversions, which are better on long hauls where you can keep the temperature constant.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ratchet23 View Post

Same, same. Yung Mirage ko til now nakapila pa din sa starter recall since July. Wala pa din parts. Nakakabadtrip na. That vibration lalo pag nag brake ka sabay nalubak. Annoying. And yes, if I am in the market again, I know better now. Mas ok ang subcompact talaga. Although OK na OK pa din ang Mirage if you compare it sa talagang superminis na kalaban nya, namely i10, Spark, Picanto, Celerio etc.
    While sa Mirage G4, im kinda skeptic sa declared output nya na 85ps, kasi 74hp lang naman talaga ang 1.2L MIVEC sa hatch pero same engine code lang naman sila na 3A92. Like in 2001, when Toyota overstated the output of the 2001 Altis declaring 145hp when in fact, 132hp lang sya.

Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The Accent issues I've heard of are turbos. The extreme stop-start-stop cycle of taxi drivers, the lack of warm-up and cool-down time, as well has heavy traffic is bad for turbos. Regular drivers shouldn't see those problems.

Hot traffic is also not great for LPG conversions, which are better on long hauls where you can keep the temperature constant.
    True, my 2011 CRDi still runs fine. After almost 3 years. It's a matter of knowing how to take care of it lang. Yung mga taxi drivers, di naman sa nilalahat ko, pero pag di sa kanila mismo ang unit, balahura sila gumamit.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Considering we've dynoed it at around 74 whp stock, I think the hatchback may be under-rated. The Mirage 1.2 MT is actually faster than the Spark 1.2 MT.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Test drove my friends new fiesta 1.5 trend ps, and its much much slower in acceleration compared to my 1.5g vios.

Considering that the fiesta is lighter and has a more powerful engine and 6 speed tranny. Maybe its just over rated.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by parak21 View Post
    Oh wait,

My brother now prefers a real sub compact since he needs space for other passengers. And ayaw daw niya na maliit tignan.

So from your choices, are down to?

Accent crdi
    Vios 1.3 matic
    City 1.3 matic

How about the mirage sedan? Does it have almost the same passenger space as the above mentioned sub compact cars?
    Accent na. Para di naman sya mapahiya sa mga pasahero pag akyatan at overtaking. 😉
    Last edited by Densker; September 23rd, 2013 at 07:20 PM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast