New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Goodday Everyone, im planning to buy my first car. it really doesn't matter kung anu model or kung luma sya or outdated. im looking for the most fuel efficient car possible. i knew it will depends on how the car was maintained but if every model is in good condition which brand and variant is the most fuel efficient that will fit in my budget.

note: i will use this for long drive with my wife and baby. madalas mag SLEX kami so im willing to turn off my aircon on highway.
    again ang budget ko is 150k. should i consider converting car to LPG?

let says all of them are in good condition and same driving style applied

Help. car newbie at hindi gaanung mayaman
    please post the model variant and its fuel consumption

GODBLESS to all.. :D

2. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Para sakin sir,

Toyota Corolla BigBody XL or XE, 2e engine (1.3cc). I think swak sa budget mo yan. sobra pa ata.

hanap ka sir ng well maintained, reliable ang engine na yan and matagal ang buhay,
    andami pang surplus and replacement parts, has a very basic engine
    and i think kahit sinong mekaniko kayang buksan yan.

i dunno sir sa fuel consumption, i have a GLi variant (1.6cc) and it gives me 10km/L highway driving na may onting city,
    the 1.3 variant will definitely give you a lot more.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    1.3L cars are not very fuel efficient in the highway lalo na ang carbureted ones. These engines have no power and were designed with city driving in mind. For this budget consider the Honda City. Even though the engine is a 1.3L unit, it's an EFI unit that's got around 20 more hp as compared to most 1.3L carbureted units of that generation. That compared with it's light body weight makes it fun to drive and fuel efficient at the same time.

Then there's also the Nissan Sentra EX Saloon. It's got a 1.4L EFI engine that makes 87hp. It's bigger than the City and IMHO it also looks better. Though the performance is not as good.

Choose wisely!

4. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    so your saying if i'll go for a 1.3L engine it should be honda, else just go and look for 1.6? it will be just me my 7month old baby and my 4'11 wife that will be in the car so you think kaya na kami ng 1.3 honda city 1998? e2 kase first choice ko eh. im also considering other brands and variants though.. magkalayo ba fuel consumption ng honda city 1998 VS honda civic of earlier year medyo mahal kase price ng CIVIC masyado. thanks sa inputs.

i'm open for all possibilities so please convince me. thanks in advance.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by rey piñoco View Post
    so your saying if i'll go for a 1.3L engine it should be honda, else just go and look for 1.6? it will be just me my 7month old baby and my 4'11 wife that will be in the car so you think kaya na kami ng 1.3 honda city 1998? e2 kase first choice ko eh. im also considering other brands and variants though.. magkalayo ba fuel consumption ng honda city 1998 VS honda civic of earlier year medyo mahal kase price ng CIVIC masyado. thanks sa inputs.

i'm open for all possibilities so please convince me. thanks in advance.
    Not necessarily. I'm just indicating that EFI engines are more fuel efficient and more powerful than carbureted engines of the same displacement. With your necessities, I believe the City is the best choice for you and yes it is more fuel efficient than any EK Civic variant although syempre mas maganda at mas malawak ang Civic. Best to get a City 1.3EXi (with all power features) manual version for excellent fuel efficiency coupled with responsive performance.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    City 1.3EXi EFI 1.3L light body = very efficient

Corolla 1.3 2E. bit short on power, also fuel efficient. no complexities engine. would not kick your ass on erratic idling problems too

cheaper parts too.

whatever the choice may be, get the better maintained car. Goodluck.

most fuel efficient car for 150k