New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Hello guys. Considering buying an Isuzu light truck blue series vs Hino 300 series. Just want to know how true is it, A delivery guy driving a Hino300 Series Truck (Euro 4) claims that asbu or any smoke belching teams that flags them down would not bother to have them for a smoke belching test kasi...."alam daw ng mag tetest na pasado daw". He also claims this holds true even to their older HINO light trucks. Kahit daw makati pasig or q.c. anti smoking belching team....Hmmmm

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    probably true, if properly tuned and maintained

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    May 2010
    how much did it cost you to convert it to refrigerated van, I am planning to convert ours as well
    Quote Originally Posted by Revenant View Post
    We have a couple of L300s - deluxe and exceed, an H100 and a K2700. The K2700 has never failed a smoke belching test. The H100 curiously has failed twice while the L300s fail most of the time. Except for the K2700 which has a J2 OHV, the H100 and L300 supposedly have related engines but I dunno why our L300s have been more prone to smoke belching.

Pulling power-wise, stat sheets indicate that the H100 is theoretically superior to K2700 but the opposite is true with our experience especially in going uphill. The L300 maybe inferior stats-wise but it wins overall because of its better power-to-weight ratio compared to the others. H100 has the highest top speed on flat roads.

Our drivers love the interior of the H100 and K2700. The cabin is more car-like and relaxing to drive. Front aircon is cold even in traffic at noon. K2700 slightly comes out on top for the cooler aircon and foldable middle seat for a couple of cup holders. L300 is spartan, and the aircon is decent but it can quite warm at noon. Puwede na, but we want the driver and pahinante to feel comfortable during rides and be presentable.

I got the chance to try out the Tata Super Ace FB dual aircon of my friend. It's a nice direct competitor to the L300 price and size-wise but we kind of missed out on the power. The brochures say that it's nearly the same as the L300 but it's still a turbocharged engine vs a naturally aspirated one delivering almost the same horsepower and torque. The lag was evident from standstill to 2000rpm, fully loaded and uphill.

We ended up reserving for a K2500 CRDI dropside to be converted to refrigerated van.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123