New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by 7138 View Post
    Between EK hatch and lancer GSR,

id pick the GSR. mas available ang local parts, plus pa yung MT.
    as long as hindi ka naman barubal magdrive and you always take it slow sa mga potholes, tatagal naman pang ilalim nyan.
    alam mo naman na weakpoint, so its just a matter of being aware what to be taken care of.

new driver ka pa naman, mas okei na masanay ka sa manual, madali na matic after,
    pag nagsimula ka ng matic, baka matrauma ka pa sa manual, ayaw mo na itry.

my 2 cents.
    Thanks for the good advise sir. I will keep this in mind.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kokoytoyi View Post
    The car Im looking for actually is a kind of car thats good looking and at the same time I can crash without breaking my heart. Im actually a new driver so I will go for new model once Im good enought to drive (maybe a year from now). Meanwhile Im getting a used car for practice

Someone offered me a used 1998 AT Ek hatch for 160k(still negotiable) and a 2-door MT mits lancer GSR at 180k (negotioable to maybe 160k). I just want the better deal.
    That's a good plan. And then you can save this car for coding days.

I suggest you consider also the Ford Lynx M/T. You'd get much newer metal for your money. With your budget, you can already get an early 2000s model. This one's roomy and comfortable, with good power and handling. Ghia variant already has ABS, airbags and I think also leather seats. Just avoid the matics.

The GSR looks nice, but performance is no better than the sedan, its a lot less practical and of course, has a lot less space.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    A 6th gen Accord MT perhaps. You get a more comfortable car with better safety features, better suspension, and more powerful engine. Handling and performance is much like compacts. That is if you're good with lower FC (maybe 7-8 km/L).

http://www.sulit.com.ph/index.php/vi...Position,1-5,5
    Last edited by Egan101; June 4th, 2013 at 10:59 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12