New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    i'm an SLK owner and i can say that the Merc is so much better than the Honda. A euro car will always be better than a jap car in performance, comfort, and style. Performance wise the 2.3 liter Kompressor engine would smoke the s2000, you don't need any upgrade on the engine coz its already fast. but if you're into the cheap aftermarket repair parts then go for the Honda, afterall we all know a Merc is not for everybody. i've never driven an S2000 but i'm sure it has less fuel consumption than the merc obviously, because again thats the difference in buying a euro car. you also get a status symbol and girls dig the merc emblem they see on the front whenever you pass by

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Personally, I like the looks of the S2000 more than the SLK. Oddly enough, the S2000 has more horses than the 230 but less torque. If you don't mind the harsher ride and the M/T, I'd suggest you get the S2000, throw in a turbo and intercooler and tune the suspension for a softer ride. IMHO, its OK if its converted, all Skylines in the Philippines are converted and they're just as good on the track and have just as many or even more gravitas than the other sports cars out there. As long as the conversion is safe and of high quality, then it shouldn't be an issue.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by stephmeister101 View Post
    i'm an SLK owner and i can say that the Merc is so much better than the Honda. A euro car will always be better than a jap car in performance, comfort, and style. Performance wise the 2.3 liter Kompressor engine would smoke the s2000, you don't need any upgrade on the engine coz its already fast. but if you're into the cheap aftermarket repair parts then go for the Honda, afterall we all know a Merc is not for everybody. i've never driven an S2000 but i'm sure it has less fuel consumption than the merc obviously, because again thats the difference in buying a euro car. you also get a status symbol and girls dig the merc emblem they see on the front whenever you pass by
    i agree with every thing you said except for the highlighted part, i've driven both cars pushed it to it's limits and the s2000 will out handle the slk. but yeah owning a euro car is truly different compared to any asian car.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    i agree with every thing you said except for the highlighted part, i've driven both cars pushed it to it's limits and the s2000 will out handle the slk. but yeah owning a euro car is truly different compared to any asian car.
    also from a first hand account basis I second this observation. also the 2.3 dosen't really like to be revved that hard it's a fairly big displacement 4 banger that emits harsh vibes at high rpms. mas smoother yung 1.8liter ng 200k in this respect. ang bentahe talaga ng 230k ay yung torque at fairly low revs.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    kung ang slk is a B-plate, might as well get the S2K. Im very familiar with slk's 'cos i was a troubleshooter for mb and bmw cars. I'll never buy an slk 230 for 700k unless its a 320. But 900k for a properly c0nverted s2k is the wiser choice.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    btw, nowadays kung naka euro ka nga pero mura naman and nag iilawan lahat ng warning indicators sa cluster guage and hindi mapagawa..either mahal ipagawa or walang matinong gumagawa..wag nalang. There's no prestige in that. Maraming expert pag dating sa opinion nila but poor on technical know-how.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
MB SLK 230 or S2000?