New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Just want to seek your opinion guys. If you were in my shoes, which one would you pick? I'm having a hard time choosing between the two. So far i'm down between the two nalang.

Mazda CX-5 Pro (1.455m less 15k) the new variant which is basically the earlier FWD model with Mazda's stop-start technology (i-Stop), full leather seats, and reversing camera with electrochromic back mirror.

Pros:
    Have all the features I want
    - Keyless Push Button Start (no button from the door though for proximity keyless entry)
    - Dual zone Auto Climate Control
    - Leather Seats
    - 6 Airbags
    - Electronic Stability Control
    - Cruise Control
    - Factory Touch Screen Multimedia System
    - Bluetooth Connectivity
    - Rearview Camera with Electrochromic mirror
    - Interior feel is upscale for me.
    - It is awesome to drive.
    - Surprisingly Spacious mukha lang maliit.
    - SkyActiv technology
    - and yes, Yojin 3 free three year, 60,000kms PMS

Cons:
    - Power is adequate but there is some acceleration lag sometimes and feels slow if you are used to drive a R-eVGT Sorento. You'll miss that motor. Haha.
    - i don't know if the SkyActiv engine w/ i-Stop would cut it in economy in the City. I know its no diesel but if it has a compact sedan economy as advertised, i can live with that. We had a X-Trail before and it has been a garage queen because it drinks gas. That is why my dad doesnt want a gas fed SUV anymore.

Kia Sportage EX CRDi R-eVGT (1.320m less 35k)

Pros:
    - that powerful 2.0 diesel which is also frugal as well. On my dad's Sorento AWD it returns 8-10 km/l in the city and 15 km/l on the highway. It will even do 20 km/l on pure highway with a light foot. And thats the 2.2 engine and AWD. The Sportage's 2.0 and FWD i guess it will do a bit better in economy.
    - Acceptable PMS figures. And no problems for warranty. As long as the part is available they would immediately replace it. Seriously, our Mirage PMS is sometimes more expensive than the Sorento's.

Cons:
    - it has the basic features. Not as much toys and safety as the CX-5.
    - we have the Sorento. I wouldnt mind having two Kia's on our garage. But my dad do. Hahaha. Baka daw masabihan ng KIA fanatic na. Also same almost ang sportage sa sorento. Sabay maluluma if ever. I dont like the tucson though.

I have a soft spot on the CX-5 but I like the Sportage either. Sportage is more Practical while CX-5 has the fun factor and features. I will do 15,000 kms a year and the budget wouldnt pass 1.5m.

Thank you.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Ikaw muna magdecide what do you want from your car then it will be easy for you.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Ayaw mo ilagay sa option mo subaru xv 2.0iPREMIUM 1.478m?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tsikot Car Forums mobile app

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    There are concerns about the i-Stop battery's replacement cost as it is a wear and tear part and not part of Yojin3.

It has good real-world FC though: http://www.mb.com.ph/mazda-skyactiv-...o-saving-fuel/

5. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    There are concerns about the i-Stop battery's replacement cost as it is a wear and tear part and not part of Yojin3.
    Oo nga sir nagbackread ako kagabi ng thread ng CX-5. Thats another concern pala. The maximum discount for the regular CX-5 A/T kasi is 45k daw as of last week. Maybe because pa discontinue na. I have read na umaabot ng 70k dati discount? So for around 30-40k additional given the pro has 15k discount you'll have the leather, i-stop and rear camera.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Hopefully matuloy nga ung sa motolite na pagproduce ng i-stop battery. though I bet it would still be pricey parang sa Kia. The Sorento has a different ampere rating battery so they asked motolite to produce one locally. But the problem is, only kia have the right to sell the battery (and maybe Hyundai). When we replaced ours, it was around 9k CASA price. May kakilala dad ko sa main office ng motolite kaso hindi daw sila makakapagbenta ng ganun batteries. Only KIA lang ang pwede magbenta. So we bought one nalang sa CASA since we badly need one.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    I got my non-istop CX-5 for 100K discount October of last year. I think you just need to push the dealership on the discount.

Actually top contender for my new car ung Sportage kaso as far as my research goes, CRDi needs more maintenance than gasoline-fed engines lalo habang tumatagal. Also, as far as space goes, mas malaki ng konti ang CX-5 lalo sa trunk. What sealed the deal for me was when I stepped into the driver's seat.