New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Ok, lets throw in another candidate. It may be old pero mukhang may ibubuga pa..

Lancer EX GT-A

Pero so far, I'm leaning towards Mazda 3 2.0. Just wanna ask your opinions regarding this comparo

To mods: Paki-lipat pala ng location ng thread ko. Dapat pala nandun sa car comparison section lang at di dito sa car buying talk

2. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Kung ok sayo mas bare looking interior. Go with gta. 200k is no joke. Malaki discount compare sa iba. Pero pag ayaw mo bare interior, mazda 3 is it

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    The Mz3 is still a better car than the Lancer EX, but I'd be naive to not consider the 20% price difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    200k is a big amount however with the Mazda3, you get newer technology, better performance plus Mazda's Yojin3 promo (free maintenance for 3 years). The Lancer GT-A is a good car but it is a 6-year-old design already. It came out with the Civic FD still in the market. Now, folks even consider the Civic FB old already when it is a younger design than the Lancer GT-A.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I'd rather get a Lancer EX then use the 200k savings for a new dSLR and mirrorless camera, or perhaps a trip abroad, or perhaps investment for a new business. What I'm saying is, 200k is a lot of money.

But at the end of the day if the enjoyment of owning a Lancer is incomparable to that of the 3, then get the 3. Sakin kasi halos same lang so sayang din 200k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Tip lang sa TS, try looking for other dealerships kung meron sila 2.0L. Its better to test drive the car you intend to buy. Test drive everything, at least 2-3 competitors within the same braket.

Also try not to fall in love with any of the cars listed before buying them. Compare objectively first saka subjective. At the end of the day, it is you who will make the choice and will have to be happy with it, otherwise, buyers remorse with a car is a PITA. :D 2c

7. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    So here's my decision...

Lancer EX GT-A is really a very, very nice car. Sobrang lapit na ng looks niya sa Evo X. Its just that luma na ang design niya at malapit na siguro dumating ang kapalit niya.

Elantra was my crush 3 years ago and attractive ang price tag niya. Then upon reading yun issues sa HARI, it turned me off. Nevertheless, I still like the car, but not the service of HARI.

Focus has a lot of toys. Maporma din siya for me, lalo in blue color. Pero nung nagbasa ako ng thread niya noon, issues came out regarding the transmission problems. So sabi ko, gandang sasakyan nga, madami naman issue sa transmission. I think isang factor ito kung bakit kokonti nakikita kong Focus sa kalsada.

Altis. The first time I saw it in flesh ay sa Promenade early this year. 2.0v in black color ang naka-display. I fell in love with it. Sabi ko pa sa gf ko, ang gandang damitan nitong sasakyan na ito, plus it's a Toyota. And as we know, Toyota ang number 1 dito sa Pinas.

But then came the all new Mazda 3. Instantly, sabi ko wow. Aggressive ang looks, especially the Soul Red color. Eh kaso, based sa engine ng 3 before, malakas ang konsumo, lalo na 2.0 engine. So I did a research and based sa thread natin ng 3 dito, FC is 8-9km/L, which is for me very acceptable considering na I use a Pajero having an FC of 6-7km/L. Plus compared sa price ng Altis, mas mura by a few thousands.

Therefore, I choose the Mazda 3. I hope my test drive today, kahit na 1.5 lang yun available, will be a very good experience.

Thank you guys for your inputs. I appreciate it...

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    ^^^ Kudos to your choice. It's going to be one great new year for you then!

9. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Good choice. Enjoy!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123