New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    guys do stick your registration sticker in your windshield? if not, is it allowed not to display them? and what if you had just put up a new full tint in your windshield

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    No. Not affixing it properly (that includes laminates and similar methods) is illegal so be prepared for the consequences. Sabi nga nung tiga-LTO dati, kung hindi mo ididikit huwag mo na lang ilagay sa loob ng sasakyan because you'll just get into more trouble.

Don't say we didn't warn you.
    Last edited by OTEP; October 20th, 2006 at 10:36 PM.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    tnx. i think in my observation, almost 40% dont display their LTO stickers, mainly because they have a full windshield tint

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    I think mas important yung sticker sa plate #. Dati kasi sinita ako ng pulis sa manila area and hiningi yung rehistro at nakita yung sticker. Pinaalis naman ako at sabi pakidikit nalang yung sticker sa plate. Sa windsheild naman walang sumisita sa akin. Pero better stick it to be safe.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Just follow the rules. As the saying goes, be honest even if others are not.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    kung full tint ay pwede din namang ilagay ang sticker sa windshield. i cutout lang yung space na ma o occupy ng sticker. di naman siguro magiging panget kung ayos ang pagtanggal ng kapirasong tint.

mas ok ng ilagay ang mga stickers sa kanilang proper places para pagsunod sa batas at para iwas abala na rin in the future.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Pwede mo naman idikit yung next sticker mo sa tint. Nakakapit na ng mabuti ang tint by that time.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    I am one of those 40% na hnd naglalagay ng stickers sa windshield, bale sa plate lang meron.

Many times na rin akong nasita abt sa sticker na dapat nasa windshield. So far, ina-advise ka lang ng LTO na idikit mo yung sticker.- Sabi ko nman hnd ko na nilalagay kasi puro gasgas na yung tint ko. Sabi nman ng taga-LTO madali nman daw tanggalin sticker pra di magasgas yung tint kapag magpapalit ka na ng sticker. Buhusan lng daw ng mainit na tubig sa labas ng windshield at maalis na sya ng kusa...

Ang tanong?... Gaano kainit yung mainit? Kasi sa luma kong car, nung ginawa ko yun, pati yung tint natanggal... So, tama nga yung sinabi ng LTO...- Hnd magagasgas yung tint mo, kasi kasama sya sa matatanggal.

Ngayon sa bago kong car hnd ko pa rin nilalagay yung sticker sa windshield. So far wala pa nmang sita. Nonetheless, i don't advise you to do the same. It's your choice at your own risk.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    i have read and re-read the law on lto car sticker, and in my understanding, the possible offenses relating to it are: (1) having no sticker (which means you have not registered your car or renewed it registration); (2) tampering the sticker (which means that you make it appear to be a sticker for another car when in fact it is no); (3) transfering the sticker to another vehicle; (4) transfering the sticker to another vehicle for the purpose of committing a crime; and (5) using a fake sticker.the law does not specifically require that the sticker must be sticked to the car in a particular way (and on a specific part of the car) or that it should not be laminated and stucked to the windshield (or any part of the car) in its laminated form.the sticker is supposed to be a validation tag intended to confirm that a car has been registered or its registration has been renewed and that the plate number attached to that car belongs to that car. (in reality, there are three stickers, two attached to the plate and one somewhere else. the three stickers must refer to the same serial number; if they do not conform, it may mean that the plate number does not belong to the car, the lto car sticker does not belong to the car or both.)as a validation tag, by "implication", the sticker should be attached to the car with "some sort" of "permanency".most of us stuck their lto car stickers on the windshield, a few had them laminated and taped on the windshield, and the remaining do not show their stickers at all.to be safe, it is better to stick your lto car sticker of the windshield, as most of us does.i do not think is illegal to have your lto car sticker laminated and stucked to your car in some "seemingly" "permanent" way (although not as permanent as having it stuck on the windshield). most police officers would not notice it and would not mind it so long as they can see a sticker or something on the windshiled that rsembles a sticker. but be warned that what i think is as good as what you think.if you want to be flagged down or risked of being flagged down, do not stick your sticker at all.as for me, i am still pondering on this issue: TO STICK OR NOT TO STICK.

Lto Stickers