New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2017
    I would also advise (not related to online specifically) to ask a seller to show maintenance records. It's common here, for example, not to change oil or oil filter for 50,000 kilometers or something which means that engine is likely die much sooner, and it will be your problem.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by maranello_5775 View Post
    I tried to purchase an used car myself as a lone expat and found it to be mostly negative experience compared to more developed countries:

It's common not to post make year and mileage. Just saying “I sell a Navara” with no details.
    Even if you ask for mileage, and if seller replies you, it doesn't have to be real mileage. One guy told me upon test drive “the number I sent to you is what's shown on dashboard and I've replaced dashboard”.
    Many ads turned out to be outdated (no such car), and small shops use it to offer you whatever they may have at the moment.
    Overall it took me more than 7 days and two trips to Manila to meet with a dozen of sellers and finally buy a car.

You can try looking at Facebook groups because for many Filipinos internet = Facebook and they rarely open web browser at all.
    Do you know such facebook groups to recommend?
    I am quite concerned by your experience now tbh

3. Join Date
    May 2017
    How about a Suzuki swift? Looking graceful enough for a woman to drive

4. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i shun away from "meet-up...". i prefer seller's house. that way, i also know where he lives, in case some legal irregularity crops up later.
    i check his garage for oil leaks on the floor.
    puedeng crankshaft gasket.. oilpan gasket.. oil drain plug...
    minor things, but they do suggest what type of a car owner this guy is.
    Me, too. Ang mahirap lang na the usual units that I get interested in are in the South side - Paranaque, Pasay, Las Pinas, Bacoor area. Eh QC pa ako. Kaya ilan na ring prospective units ang nagdaan kasi no time pa talaga to do personal inspections nang ganung kalayo. Yung mga nasa vicinity naman (QC/Manila area) eh usually mga car exchanges. Mukhang mga fresh looking naman, pero uniform na their mileage is around 20-30k kms daw when the unit is already 5-7 years old.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Looking for a used Toyota/Hyundai/Suzuki for woman in Manila