New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2017
    try 2016 Chevrolet Captiva or 2016 Honda Odyssey

2. Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Hi Guys! I'm also planning to buy a new vehicle.
    I'm a first time buyer kaya medyo di ako sigurado anong dapat i consider, budget limit is 820k.

Ang tingin ko na okay ay

1. Honday City 1.5e A/T (pwede rin Ltd Edition pero I have no idea what is the primary difference between the two) and
    2. Mirage G4 GLS CV

Sana po may magbigay ng inputs nila. Saka if may ibang car na pasok sa budget pero mas okay. Salamat

3. Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Guys I need your opinion.. ano po mas ok na sasakyan for city drive, automatic transmission since hindi ako marunong mag manual.
    eto yun nasa list ko.
    Honda CR-V
    Honda Hr-v
    Ford Ecosport
    Thank you..

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dabid0612 View Post
    Hi Guys! I'm also planning to buy a new vehicle.
    I'm a first time buyer kaya medyo di ako sigurado anong dapat i consider, budget limit is 820k.

Ang tingin ko na okay ay

1. Honday City 1.5e A/T (pwede rin Ltd Edition pero I have no idea what is the primary difference between the two) and
    2. Mirage G4 GLS CV

Sana po may magbigay ng inputs nila. Saka if may ibang car na pasok sa budget pero mas okay. Salamat
    I believe that its not always the best choice to get the top of the line variant. If the differentiation between the midrange and top of the line variants are only a few accessories, I'd go for the midrange and install the missing accessories myself. Its usually cheaper this way, and you wouldn't be paying for novelty features you wouldn't even use.

Between the City and Mirage, the City is definitely the better choice. Its currently the best among the subcompacts having, IIRC, the most interior and trunk space as well as the best (gasoline) powertrain.

If choosing among subcompacts I always suggest the Accent CRDi. The turbo diesel engine is the ultimate trump card, especially in this country.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Feb 2017
    ^ Thanks for the reply! On point, I was actually thinking na mas okay ang G4 GLS kasi siya yung higher variant. City is better pala kahit mid variant siya.

"If choosing among subcompacts I always suggest the Accent CRDi" - I think I can buy the accent CRDi if may discount siya. Pero I'm thinking lang na baka mas mahal ang maintenance cost nito based sa mga nababasa ko and okay ba siya for a first time buyer? Thanks!

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestia06 View Post
    Guys I need your opinion.. ano po mas ok na sasakyan for city drive, automatic transmission since hindi ako marunong mag manual.
    eto yun nasa list ko.
    Honda CR-V
    Honda Hr-v
    Ford Ecosport
    Thank you..
    Ilan budget mo? If you're considering the Ecosport, maybe you can consider the BRV. Seats 7 in a pinch.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    ^ Thanks for the reply! On point, I was actually thinking na mas okay ang G4 GLS kasi siya yung higher variant. City is better pala kahit mid variant siya.

"If choosing among subcompacts I always suggest the Accent CRDi" - I think I can buy the accent CRDi if may discount siya. Pero I'm thinking lang na baka mas mahal ang maintenance cost nito based sa mga nababasa ko and okay ba siya for a first time buyer? Thanks!
    Higher variant yes, but one class below. IMO, Brio Amaze ang katapat nyan. Even then the Brio still has the better engine.

We have four diesels in our garage. Two of them old school and the other two CRDi. Routine maintenance cost is pretty much the same. The CRDi's just get more expensive when sensitive stuff need to be replaced. Maintenance cost of diesel is higher than gas due to more liters of motor oil required. But you more than make up for it with the huge savings in fuel cost. Since you're buying it brand new, if you take good care of the car it should be a long time before anything expensive needs replacing. Growing number of Accent CRDi cabs is another point in its favor. Means it has the cab operators' stamp of approval for reliability and durability.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Higher variant yes, but one class below. IMO, Brio Amaze ang katapat nyan. Even then the Brio still has the better engine.

We have four diesels in our garage. Two of them old school and the other two CRDi. Routine maintenance cost is pretty much the same. The CRDi's just get more expensive when sensitive stuff need to be replaced. Maintenance cost of diesel is higher than gas due to more liters of motor oil required. But you more than make up for it with the huge savings in fuel cost. Since you're buying it brand new, if you take good care of the car it should be a long time before anything expensive needs replacing. Growing number of Accent CRDi cabs is another point in its favor. Means it has the cab operators' stamp of approval for reliability and durability.

Thanks for the advise, bro! Big help!

I'll consider Accent, I just need to decide if City or Accent. IMO, city's exterior looks more appealing than Accent.

May I ask one more help, what do you think are the pros and cons for the both cars?

Thanks again, great help.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Thanks for the advise, bro! Big help!

I'll consider Accent, I just need to decide if City or Accent. IMO, city's exterior looks more appealing than Accent.

May I ask one more help, what do you think are the pros and cons for the both cars?

Thanks again, great help.
    Honestly, IMHO the City is the better car in pretty much all aspects except the engine. It is also a newer design, while the Accent has remained unchanged for some time. For me, engine performance comes first above everything else but this might not be the case for other people. It'll be best if you check out both in the showroom and see if you can have a test drive. Also have a read on the respective threads of the cars you're looking for here.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Honestly, IMHO the City is the better car in pretty much all aspects except the engine. It is also a newer design, while the Accent has remained unchanged for some time. For me, engine performance comes first above everything else but this might not be the case for other people. It'll be best if you check out both in the showroom and see if you can have a test drive. Also have a read on the respective threads of the cars you're looking for here.

Yep, I have been reading! Thanks much for the help and advise.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910