pasali rin po ako sa thread mga ma'am at sir

i am also browsing for a car. i'm not that particular with the brand, basta
    1. pwede kong maiuwi sa probinsya (la union or batangas) na walang aberya
    2. mura parts at madaling ayusin

added na lang po siguro yung:
    3. may aircon
    4. may radio na pwedeng kabitan ng mp3 player

salamat po :D
    Since you give much importance about going to the provinces, I will not be mentioning about the 1.3L cars anymore. 1st recommendation ko is the Honda City Type-Z. I suggest you get the VTi variant which will give you more power and still gives very good fuel mileage. These are solidly built, handle nicely and are quite spacious and comfortable. Should you want a more upscale and luxurious car, there is the Ford Lynx Ghia. It packs a punch and has such features missing in the City like ABS, airbags and leather seats. Downside of thise car is, of course, inferior fuel mileage as compared to the City especially with the A/T version.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by gargoyle30 View Post
    Thanks for the valuable info ghosthunter. Parang mas ok na sa akin ang Nissan GX model 2003+. Nagsearch ako nito right now sa web pero wala matino nagbebenta nito sa buy and sell. Puro scam lang. Sana makahanap ako nito. Kung may alam ka, please refer naman sa akin. Here's my cel# 09279114396. Basta hanggang 200k budget lang .
    Have you checked through http://www.buyandsellph.com/ ? You can make the search easier by using the search function on the upper right corner "SENTRA GX".

Being a carburator or EFI engine, automatic or manual transmission, may effect ba ito sa fuel economy ng car?
    Yes, it all does have an effect on fuel economy.

Carb vs EFI: EFI gives better power and fuel efficiency.
    M/T vs A/T: M/T gives better fuel mileage.

Note: carb is not compatible with E10 gasoline (ethanol blended gasoline)

What do you think of Ford Lynx Ghia? Ok ba ito?
    Fuel consumption is slightly below average I think (around 7km/L for A/T).

From motioncars.com...
    ... the ride is on the firm side and the seats lack support. Body structure said not to live up to the tortures of Manila city life.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Hi guys,

What are the important checkpoints when buying a second hand car? Medyo newbie din ako car.
    At least may guidlines ako before bumili. Baka masayang lang kasi ang pera ko.

Need ko ba magsama ng car expert ormechanic para magcheck doon sa car?

Help guys... Thanks!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by gargoyle30 View Post
    Hi guys,

What are the important checkpoints when buying a second hand car?

Use the tsikot google search. There is already other existing threads that discuss that exact subject.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by tanatej View Post
    Get a Corolla bigbody and you'll never have to worry about maintenance again, not only because it's so cheap and readily available... but because the Corolla is so reliable, most of the time you'll only have to worry about filling the gas tank. There's a reason why there's still a ton of these cars out there 15 years later.

The possibilities are also endless in setting up these cars to your personal taste (Sprinter conversions, 4efte swaps, etc.). You'll also always have an excuse to go to Banawe with this car.
    -+10, I absoltely agree, maintenance is the key in ensuring 2nd hand cars will not give you problem. And this can only be done if the car you are buying will have cheap and well distributed parts & accesories as a bonus.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by tanatej View Post
    Get a Corolla bigbody and you'll never have to worry about maintenance again, not only because it's so cheap and readily available... but because the Corolla is so reliable, most of the time you'll only have to worry about filling the gas tank. There's a reason why there's still a ton of these cars out there 15 years later.

The possibilities are also endless in setting up these cars to your personal taste (Sprinter conversions, 4efte swaps, etc.). You'll also always have an excuse to go to Banawe with this car.
    -+10, maintenance is the key in ensuring 2nd hand cars will not give you problems. And this can only be done if the car you are buying will have cheap and well distributed parts & accesories as a bonus.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    *GTi: thanks for the info! less than 200k kaya mga yun?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12