New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakescrapy18 View Post
    thanks po .. anong year model po kaya mbibili ng budget ko na 200-250k bossing? yun bang mazda 3 magastos ba sa maintenance yun ?
    N16 Sentra has the lowest resale value. Go for it if you don't mind the rather dated looks.

And then there's the Altis. Toyota. Nuff said.

Both are used as cabs, so reliability and parts availability are good.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    the resale value of the sentra is low.
    but why complain about its resale value, if that means you can buy one at a low price?

i had a sentra since new, for over 12 years. it's a good car.
    while parts are, argueably, not as easy nor as cheap as a toyota's, are matibay naman. and as one mechanic said, "you don't go buying nissan parts every week-end; fix them and they stay fixed naman".

and oh! buy EFI. it's probably less problematic than a carburator car.
    Last edited by dr. d; October 18th, 2018 at 11:13 PM.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    During this time of P60/L unleaded fuel, you may also want to consider the Accent CRDi. Powerful and economical turbo diesel engine will make you smile every time you gas up and thank God that your fuel is over P10/L cheaper than the sedan filling up right next to you. [emoji23]

My diesel SUV isn't very economical doing just 5-6km/L on average. But my fuel cost is still equivalent to around 7-8km/L on unleaded fuel, which is typical of a 1.6 AT compact sedan in pure city driving.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    My accent gets 10km/l at ave speed of 12kph

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by benchph1 View Post
    The Lancer GLX uses a 1.6 which is a bit underpowered for the big body. While the civic’s 1.8 is just right for the job.

If you want to look more exclusive, buy the lancer. You rarely see one on the roads today. For aftermarket parts & support wherever you go, Civic will be best. Plus you have Honda’s reliability and high resale value.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks sir! May nakikita around 430k na civic fd 2011 38k milage mukang sariwa pa naman labas at loob ewan ko kung legit milage. Sa Lancer hirap makahanap talaga

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by hitokiri1 View Post
    Thanks sir! May nakikita around 430k na civic fd 2011 38k milage mukang sariwa pa naman labas at loob ewan ko kung legit milage. Sa Lancer hirap makahanap talaga
    because, unlike the more popular civic, the lancer never sold in large numbers.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by hitokiri1 View Post
    A good mechanic can sort that out. Try to know the background of the real "owner" aka the driver, his everyday route, how many cars Does he have.. Does own a rest house in pagudpod or something.. [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Maybe a Civic ES (2001-2005) or a Nissan N16 Sentra (2002-2010) or an Altis 2002-2007.
    maraming salamat po 😊

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123