New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    between a Vios 1.5G and a City 1.5E:
    i would choose the Vios over the City because it's much cheaper for the features it offers. you can even opt for the Vios 1.5S with nicer and bigger rims, HID HL and duck tail spoiler and the price still lower than the City 1.5E.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Hmm honestly comparing the exterior of city and vios, vios for me is just a normal car not unlike city, its very elegant.

One more thing i like to clear this, is it vios 1.5 has more power than city 1.5? hmm i read there engine specs, honda has 120 HP while vios has 107 HP only,..

thanks

3. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Hmm honestly comparing the exterior of city and vios, vios for me is just a normal car not unlike city, its very elegant.

One more thing i like to clear this, is it vios 1.5 has more power than city 1.5? hmm i read there engine specs, honda has 120 HP while vios has 107 HP only,..

thanks

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ypyp08 View Post

thanks
    Those are max power and can only be attained at 6000RPM. But I assure you the Vios has better low end torque much more useful in city driving and stop and go...

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    I'll choose the City over Lancer 1.6 because of nice looks and more powerful and more fuel efficient engine. And it's a new model. Period.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    True. The Lancer drinks fuel more than what the City drinks. :hihihi: Dunno the exact figures though.

::

Lancer -- Cheap car with complete features. F/R Disc Brakes. All-power etc.

There is a couple of things I noticed with the lancer though ... you'll have a hard time closing the trunk. :hihihi: Maybe as time pass by, you'll get used with slamming the trunk hard.

And ... the rattling sound.

The lack of power in acceleration.

GLS CVT ... hmmm.... AH! The carbon fiber thing at the dashboard panel. 1-din cd player ( i think. ) Foglamps. etc.

Interior is fair.

One thing that keeps bugging my mind. Why is the lancer cheap ? Is it because of it's old body ? Or is there something else that keeps the vehicle, despite it's features, cheap ?

Answer ? I don't know. Maybe someone can theorize.

::

City -- opposite of what I said on the lancer.

-> Expensive.
    -> Interior is better
    -> Small.
    -> Engine bay is smaller.
    -> Exterior is definitely better.
    -> No rattle sounds

etc.

The hard-to-close trunk is true. When I got my lancer, I checked it on the service bay before driving it out, the trunk is really hard to close. I had it adjusted, so ok na.

The rattling sound also disappears over time. Mine disappeared after 1000km checkup.

The lack of power in acceleration is true, unless you switch to the Manual-mode in GLS, and you're feeling sporty.

Bitin ang carbon fiber, sana sinama na din yung sa paligid ng head unit. Hehe.

Pero, it's still a nice car, pampasok sa office. Weekend family car din, hindi ka bitin kasi 1.6.

Kaya naging cheap, sa tingin ko, kasi 2006 pa talaga sya. naging 'Lancer 1.6 GLS CVT 2009' lang kasi modified ng konti ang loob at labas.

I thank you. bow.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    The Lancer seems to be good value since mas mura na, mas malaki pa... Pero reliability of Lancer's of this generation is suspect. I trust the Honda more in terms of quality...

8. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    would still go for the Lancer. complete features for its price range. "Bang for the Buck" car talaga.

hindi ito maaaring taasan masyado dahil lalaban ang price nito sa Lancer EX which obviously ay magkaiba ng category na.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Lancer 1.6 GLS CVT or Honda CIty 1.5E