New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Hi there! I'm planning to purchase a car soon..
    I'm super excited.. 'cause it's my first time to have a car!!
    But there is a BIG problem..
    I love Jimny!! how it looks and it's 4x4!! and doesn't drink much gas.. (maybe..)
    But i'm planning to have a baby too..
    So i'm worried that Jimny might be tooooo small for us.
    That's why I'm thinking of Accent, Rio and Citi also.
    Is Jimny that bad?!!! small?!! like nostril????
    (Yes.. Jimny is small but I dont really need to put a lot of thing in my car..;;; )

If your dream car is Jimny(looks) What do you guys prefer? Practicality or dream car..
    Please give me some recommendation...
    Is there any other cars that you guys want to offer???
    And what would be a big deal if I buy jimny??

God bless you all~!!

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Hi there, we own a Jimny.

If you're planning to have a baby, then I don't recommend it. It's really best for only two to three people, because the rear seats are a bit cramped and the overall space of the Jimny is really narrow (I'm not tall but still feel uneasy especially after long drives if I sit at the back). The thing that will probably be the problem is it's a 3 door, so having passengers isn't really that pleasant since the person in the front seat will ritually have to go down the car and pull the seat for the passenger at the back. It's not a family car.

Don't get me wrong, it's a reliable vehicle capable of 4x4 action, goes more or less 10km/l in city driving which is not bad. Not to mention, fun to drive! Don't get me started, I've got lots of stories about our Jimny! It has the reputation of a "savior" in our family. :D

I think a lot of 4x4 offroaders drive a Jimny and keep it, you won't see a lot of Jimnys for sale.

Have a look and maybe test drive it in a Suzuki dealership to help you decide as well.

Now if you don't mind the space and seat issue then you might as well get it, but personally I'd prefer a car with 4 doors and more space if I would have a child, for practicality reasons.

The Accent and City belong to a different league and to choose between them is really a matter of preference.
    Last edited by kotiko; June 7th, 2011 at 03:28 AM.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    With a baby, a child's car seat, a stroller, diaper bag, clothes bag, bottles, and on long trips, a sterilizer, it'll be a bit difficult to fit everything in the Jimny... Unless you strap the stroller to the roof.

It's definitely doable, but an Accent or City, or better yet, a Jazz, will be more practical.

Crush ko rin ang Jimny, though...

4. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    *kotiko, niky

Thank you for the advice!
    Now I'm really thinking about Accent 2011.. ^^
    Also my wife says that even if she loves Jimny also, it would be better to purchasing Accent.
    But she doesn't like City ^^;

So I told her " Ok.. we are going to buy Accent, but it's going to be your car! and when the time comes that we need one more car, I'm going to buy Jimny!! "

Thank you guys again!

Jimny or Accent or any others????