New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Go for the Innova bro.,- you have the luxury of an upscale vehicle (vs. Vios) and space....

14.7K:cow:

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post
    Based on our requirements, we thought about which small car or which big car can meet them.

For the "big car" choices we considered the following: strada, d-max, hilux, innovas (all variants in G and E), even escape and tucson (hey, dreaming is free=) For the "small car"choices we had: honda city, vios, altis, elantra, accent, focus, fiesta, avanza and jazz.

It didn't take long before many of these were dropped, especially the pickups since they're out of our budget range. Next to go were accent, elantra, ford models and the diesel innova variants.

Finally we're down to just these two: Innova VVT-i G MT and Vios G AT 1.5. Much of the result of the selection has to do with Toyota's big discounts for the innova and the vios also. In fact when I walked into the Toyota showroom in Balintawak I brought with me a newspaper showing such promo and I used it as leverage to get a good quotation, a guided tour of the new avanza (it's really good looking!)- and free drinks, nyeheheh.
    Did you test drive the Innova already? Is it to your liking? Oh, and baka mahirapan kang maglinis ng beige interior niyan ah. Beige interiors are a nightmare to clean. We had a very hard time with our Trooper before due to the easily soiled beige interior kelangang maingat lagi sa dinadala sa loob ng kotse, kung malinis yung kamay, etc... Ayaw mo ng E A/T na Innova para di ka mahirapan?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Innova na lang....

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Maraming salamat po sa inyong suggestions at paala-ala. we have decided for the innova, post ko nalang po photo later.

Innova G MT costs 35k more than Innova E AT. It was a question of whether I can forgo the safety and convenience features of the G MT in favor of the shifting convenience of the E AT. I went with G-MT.

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    I advise you go with the D-4D (diesel) since its thrifty when paired with the manual transmission. Its worth the added cost.

In eight or ten years time when you want to sell your unit, it would be easier to sell a diesel and it has a better resale value than a comparable gas unit.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    ^ Truth.

For people who buy 2nd hand, fuel and maintenance cost figure largely in purchase decisions.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Salamat, salamat sa lahat ng sumagot. Your suggestions were sensible. But I think we just have different preferences after all, hehe.

We got our Innova VVT-i, G MT today. We love the quiet demeanor and virtually smoke-less exhaust of a gasoline engine. This car's a pleasure to drive! (sorry there's no facility to attach a photo) we got the bronze mica metallic color.
    Last edited by CtrlAltDel; January 25th, 2012 at 09:15 PM.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Congrats sir! Good choice.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Kala ko Pearl White TS Congrats sa unit mo TS

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post
    Salamat, salamat sa lahat ng sumagot. Your suggestions were sensible. But I think we just have different preferences after all, hehe.

We got our Innova VVT-i, G MT today. We love the quiet demeanor and virtually smoke-less exhaust of a gasoline engine. This car's a pleasure to drive! (sorry there's no facility to attach a photo) we got the bronze mica metallic color.
    Congrats on your new ride bro! There is an "insert image" button somewhere there.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Innova 2.0 G VVT-i MT or Vios 1.5 G VVT-i AT?