New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    nissan may trade in. pero syempre yun ay kung bibili ka ng kotse sa kanila.

sobrang barat pa ang mga yan. may kaibigan ako pina appraise nya ang '98 sentra para sa trade in, 220,000 lang daw, kahit sobrang sariwa pa.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    what do the dealers do with traded-in units kung meron sila?

do they resell them directly or do they, like, sell them to used-car dealers?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    dito po sa amin mbt may used car arm sila so they just display yung mga nag trade in sa kanila siyempre barat nilang kinuha tapos benta nila market price... not bad business ano
    like yung sa friend ko trade in niya L200 '94 200T nila kuha benta nila 220T bilisan lang

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    babaratin talaga pag trade in, kahit naman saan na dealer or used car lot eh... you have to remember that this is a biz and they have to minimize their loss to get rid of your old car to sell you a new one...

if you have the time, sell your car to a direct buyer... but if you really want a new car and don't want to go through the hassle of looking for a buyer for your current car, trade it in... You can't have the cake and eat it too so to speak

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    try knocking on the panels kung "tunog lata" means wala masilya. check the corners and alignments. interior. instrumentation should work well, engine. TEST DRIVE! its like listening to the car's story and listening to her problems :idea:

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Tsambahan talaga when buying second hand cars. Of course it helps kung ikaw or kasama mo are capable of identifying yung mga lemons. Twice na ako bumili ng second hand na sasakyan, the first was a 97 hilux and now a 98 revo to date no problems pa ako naexperience. i had the hilux for 3 years and ang pinalitan ko lang e yung battery no other major repair. Huwag ka nang umasa na makakuha ng sasakyan from a second hand dealer na hindi naatras yung odometer, kung nga provate owners ginagawa yun. ang imprtante is not the reading on the odometer but the condition of the car itself.

HTH:D

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mbt,
    isama mo kami ni leon sa carhunting mo

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i want a swap for my car. i want a 4x4 trooper 1997 hehehehe!

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    andeyyy,

walang masilya? ganun pala yun hehe

kimpoy,

hehe oo ba... kaso sa sem break ko pa yan matututukan

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    one very important tip:

as much as possible, get an all stock unit.

from my point of view, cars which are repainted and are souped up with body kits are surely trying to hide some defects, like dents, scratches, masilya, etc.

once, i had 2 civic VTis to sell. one's all stock, yung isa bihis na bihis, although there are no engine mods. both are '96 models and around 50,000 km on the odometer. even though the price of the all stock unit is higher by P40K, it was the first one to be sold.

and also, in my experience, the owners are big liars too when the time comes to sell their cars. :twisted:

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
How do you hunt for and buy a second-hand vehicle?