New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Nakapagdesisyon akong bumili ng civic ,ngayon, dahil first time kong bibili ng sarili kong kotse, kinakabahan ako at baka kasi palpak at depektibo ang auto na makuha ko. Ano po ba ang mga dapat tignan para malamang sariwa pa ang kotse bukod sa pintura? di naman po masyadong problema ang budget at di ko naman talaga kailangan pa dahil gumagana pa naman ang exalta sta ko as my everyday car, pero as early as now, pinaplano ko na para maiayos ko na yung pera. Nahihirapan din akong magdecide kung anong civic ang bibilihin ko, 3 ang nakita kong angkop sa panlasa ko at sa budget :D

Civic ESi sedan m/t - para maiba naman, dami na kasing vti sa maynila eh
    Civic EG hatch m/t - magaan at mabilis....kaya lang baka di ako payagan kasi mukhang hindi safe sa sobrang kaliitan
    Civic Vti sedan m/t - the famous(or infamous)
    or

Civic EK hatch - kaya lang converted lahat
    Civic VtiS- yung 2001 model, ok lang din , mas sariwa kaya lang masyado nang mahal at old school look yung habol ko eh

and please , I need your opinions and tips sa mga dapat tignan para di magoyo sa auto

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Best parin ang post-facelift Civic VTi, and there's a reason why many people still like this car. The look is timeless, even more so than the succeeding model which is already starting to look old, engine performance and handling is still very respectable even among today's brand new cars, and finally vehicle spare parts and performance parts are very abundant for this model . Just get the newest M/T EK VTi you can find. Check for rust in the body panels and signs of being flooded (rust in isolated places like the bottom part of the door hinges and metal parts beneath or near the carpet, malfunctioning electronics, etc.), test drive in many different environments and listen for any weird sounds. Avoid the car also if the mileage is very high (best if its below 100000kms). Lastly, its best to make sure the car is stock. Don't get carried away by a fast, heavily modified car. It only means its been raced, and so, heavily abused which will give you many potential headaches in the future. Baka gusto mo rin iconsider ang Honda City VTi. Its surprisingly fast and fuel efficient, has lower purchase price, and has 4 wheel disc brakes as opposed to the VTi's disc/drum. Also, since you have the budget to get the ES Civic already, ever considered the SiR? :devil:

Here are some ads which SEEM to look good which you may consider checking out personally.
    Honda Civic MT - 2000 - Cars for sale NCR - AyosDito.ph
    Honda Civic MT - 00 - Cars for sale NCR - AyosDito.ph
    Honda Civic MT - 2000 - Cars for sale NCR - AyosDito.ph
    Honda city vti m t 01 - Cars for sale NCR - AyosDito.ph
    Honda City VTi - 02 - Cars for sale NCR - AyosDito.ph

3. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    There's a number of ways that I like the EG better than the EK. Imho, the EG is a design excellence.
    It's as if, the designer took an overtime to recreate how conventional designs are in the 90s.

I still think, it has the most 4 door coupe profile of all Civics.
    Sporty, classy and elegant at the same time. The look is just timeless.
    Some design cues that I like bout the EG:

EG’s trunk operation is via pop struts (shown is Mazda 3’s trunk)
    The trunk has pop struts instead of hinges of the 96-00 EK. Actually, only the EG was able to use this.

EK’s trunk
    Advantage: The pop struts, takes less trunk space than conventional hinges. Doesn’t get in the way, if ever you are planning to stuff some woodworks over there.

EG’s dash
    The EG’s dash is more stylish and sporty than the plainer dash design of the EK’s and about as functional.

EK’s dash (local)

4. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    The EK one ups the EG though by having different HVAC lay-outs. Auto climate version has their own design. (the EG also offers one, but the lay out is just same)

some other EK climate control

EG’s Gauge
    Vs

EK’s Gauge
    Door Handles

EG

5. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Door locks

EG

EK (Conventional nail-like type)
    Some other…

EG quarter panel cover

EK’s made of glass
    These are just lovely

Ferio conversion to 4-seat EG version

6. Join Date
    Oct 2005

Civic ESi (Local)

I think it still is the most coupe-ish Civic ever. Slit-like headlamps, no radiator grille, big greenhouse, low hood/high trunk design. Even the door handles aren’t conventional. The style just exudes sportiness.
    Since they both use a 4 wheel double wishbone suspension. I’d rather have the EG, lalo kung i-me-maintain mo naman to top cond. Buying secondhand, you could use the lower resale of the EG vs the EK for mods 

Honda Civic buying dilemmas