New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Hi mga Experts, bagong member lang ako dito, May I ask your opinion between Honda Civic 1.5 RS Turbo and
    VW Jetta Business Ed. + TDI DSG. Am talking about performance and maintenance wise . Thanks in Advance.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Frisky View Post
    Hi mga Experts, bagong member lang ako dito, May I ask your opinion between Honda Civic 1.5 RS Turbo and
    VW Jetta Business Ed. + TDI DSG. Am talking about performance and maintenance wise . Thanks in Advance.
    city driving? VW hands down, just compare the torque rating of the two, when it comes to maintenance, honda

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    The Honda RS is quicker to 100kmh by a second than the Jetta 2.0L TDI (7+ seconds vs 8+ seconds). It is lighter than the Jetta. Despite both cars having turbo engines, the Jetta has a big advantage in usable torque at low rpms.

The Jetta is Euro-designed so it can hack out in autobahn speeds (200kmh). The Civic is also good for up to 200km. The Jetta is cheaper on fuel as it uses diesel.

Both platforms are quite capable in terms of handling. The Jetta is based off the capable VW-Audi MQB platform from which the Golf and A3 are made off. The new Civic platform proved to be capable in handling.

In terms of maintenance, Honda follows a 6-month or 10k KM PMS cycle. VW follows a 12-month or 15k KM PMS cycle. Our family has a Civic RS and a Jetta 1.6L TDI. Annual PMS cost rounds off within the same figures. Expect some costs when maintaining trannies - CVT fluid for Honda, DCT fluid for VW.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    where are the local casa-sold VWs, sourced from? germany? europe? china?

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    where are the local casa-sold VWs, sourced from? germany? europe? china?
    It depends on the model. The Jetta/Golf TDI models are manufactured in Mexico. The Golf Caddy is from Poland. The Passat 2.0T, Golf GTi, CC TDI, and Toaureg V6 TDI are made in Germany. I think the Polo is made from India and sourced from Malaysia. Not sure about the new Tiguan 1.4 TSI where it is manufactured.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Comparing the two price-wise and amenities, personally, I'd go for the VW.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    How about in terms of comfort? Which is better?

Thanks

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesto View Post
    How about in terms of comfort? Which is better?

Thanks
    I find the seats of the VW Jetta to be more comfortable than the Civic. The Jetta's cabin also feels more insulated.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    I find the seats of the VW Jetta to be more comfortable than the Civic. The Jetta's cabin also feels more insulated.
    What about the suspension? Which is more comfortable?

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesto View Post
    What about the suspension? Which is more comfortable?
    I find both to be comfortable and composed, not too stiff nor too soft. My Fiesta Ecoboost's suspension feels stiffer.