New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post
    any ideas why it's failing prematurely on the almera? i.e. failing even before the front wheel bearings
    if it were both left and right, i would suspect the bearing manufacturer.
    but as it's only the right rear...
    ... beats me!

kung yan lang ang issue ng current almera...
    i can live with that.
    heh heh.

btw,
    the air-cooled beetle's front drum has the bearings in the drum also.
    them bearings would last decades of carefree (careless?) driving.
    Last edited by dr. d; October 22nd, 2020 at 12:28 AM.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    any ideas why it's failing prematurely on the almera? i.e. failing even before the front wheel bearings
    Maybe because they aren't sealed enough to endure the usual hub-deep flood-prone route of the driver. Or maybe the spindle bolt wasn't torqued properly after brake servicing - most if not ALL mechanics i've encountered does not use torque wrench, nasanay sa tancha. Or made in non-democratic Tsina, quality not at par with the usual OEM koyo, paraut, nsk, skf, timken.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    if it were both left and right, i would suspect the bearing manufacturer.
    but as it's only the right rear...
    ... beats me!

kung yan lang ang issue ng current almera...
    i can live with that.
    heh heh.

bili na! then change the bearings out immediately w/ the brands 12vdc mentioned

been reading the almera groups on FB... it seems that's the only issue...

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    bili na! then change the bearings out immediately w/ the brands 12vdc mentioned

been reading the almera groups on FB... it seems that's the only issue...
    but i have to sell my current cars first.
    napupuno na garahe...

5. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Salamat po sa lahat ng mga nagbigay ng opinion regarding my query... Excited ako whichever I will get between the two... Still 50/50 pa rin between Blue Metallic Almera and White RS CVT BT. The family man inside me screams Almera while my daily workman mind shouts the Brio. The price difference naman is not that big considering i'll pay it in just 24 to 36 months. I can't resell the Spin (for now) since this will be used as our coding car. Mahirap magcommute with the current situation as well as the seeable future (coding ulit). Yes it's hard to maintain it since ang hirap maghanap ng parts, but the Fuel efficiency can negate that (14km/ltr average FC). Keep on posting... let's break the 50/50 until the P.O arrives.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Test drive both cars to get a feel of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by dale323 View Post
    Salamat po sa lahat ng mga nagbigay ng opinion regarding my query... Excited ako whichever I will get between the two... Still 50/50 pa rin between Blue Metallic Almera and White RS CVT BT. The family man inside me screams Almera while my daily workman mind shouts the Brio. The price difference naman is not that big considering i'll pay it in just 24 to 36 months. I can't resell the Spin (for now) since this will be used as our coding car. Mahirap magcommute with the current situation as well as the seeable future (coding ulit). Yes it's hard to maintain it since ang hirap maghanap ng parts, but the Fuel efficiency can negate that (14km/ltr average FC). Keep on posting... let's break the 50/50 until the P.O arrives.
    do you have any doubts the almera can't be used as a daily?

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by tarzegetakizerd View Post
    do you have any doubts the almera can't be used as a daily?
    These two are both small cars and light to drive. I see no difference between them. I don’t even think the Brio will offer a better drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Feb 2014

i just paid 5k reservation for almera 1.5 e a/t, white

price&practicality 10 out of 10

brio is a small car. if your daily commute involves highways then the choice is clear get the almera

if purely driven in small city like angeles pampanga then the brio would suffice

10. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Malamig AC ng Almera, brio is mainit kung tirik ang araw. That should break the 50/50

Also mababa ground clearance ng brio at 137mm, puro gasgas na yung brio ko, while almera is 150mm.
    Ang spin ay 137mm - maganda ang makina ng fiat, matibay/matipid, pero drivetrain ay sirain mahirap/mahal pyeza kya ingatan mo while wlapa kapalit.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast