New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Though siguro considered best in class na ang Brio, medyo outclassed ang Brio kapag kinumpara sa Almera. I've driven a friend's 1st gen Brio Amaze and its fine if you will be alone. The old 1.3 makes it a pocket rocket, though I hear the new 1.2 of the 2nd gen is a bit down on power. If you are around my height (5"10), there is hardly any legroom left at the back.

The Almera on the other hand is famous for class leading interior space, and it is one class higher than the Brio.

Sent from my SM-G965N using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Though siguro considered best in class na ang Brio, medyo outclassed ang Brio kapag kinumpara sa Almera. I've driven a friend's 1st gen Brio Amaze and its fine if you will be alone. The old 1.3 makes it a pocket rocket, though I hear the new 1.2 of the 2nd gen is a bit down on power. If you are around my height (5"10), there is hardly any legroom left at the back.

The Almera on the other hand is famous for class leading interior space, and it is one class higher than the Brio.

i'd really love to get an almera.
    but i am wary of the tibay factor...
    i do not want to be a frequent visitor to the casa's talyer.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    I have a friend who drives a 2015 Almera. Got it brand new. As far as I know, she has so far only done routine maintenance on it.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    I have a friend who drives a 2015 Almera. Got it brand new. As far as I know, she has so far only done routine maintenance on it.

what's the odometer reading, kaya?
    there have been posts earlier, wherein i got the impression that the current almera may not be as trouble-free as desired.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    what's the odometer reading, kaya?
    there have been posts earlier, wherein i got the impression that the current almera may not be as trouble-free as desired.
    Not sure sa exact reading, but as far as I know, below 50k. Used for beater car duty, but is not an only car. Honda Brio V / RS CVT vs Almera 1.5 E A/T

6. Join Date
    Feb 2014

rear wheel bearing premature failure. but it's cheap to fix.

weird design. apparently the bearing is pressed into the brake drum. maybe this design places more load on the bearing

whatever it is it's a minor issue

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post
    rear wheel bearing premature failure. but it's cheap to fix.

weird design. apparently the bearing is pressed into the brake drum. maybe this design places more load on the bearing

whatever it is it's a minor issue
    my old 1997 sentra had this un-explainable squeak in the right rear. had it opened... and closed. other than the sound, nothing else until the day i sold it.
    i wonder...

8. Join Date
    Feb 2014

there's the almera drum, with bearing and studs. instead of having a separate hub like on most cars. maybe a cost saving measure

9. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    ^Mechanically they are the same being held by 4 bolts on the suspension, but maintenance-wise, this drum-over-bearing design is better than bearing-over-hub. Aside from ease of inspecting the bearing condition everytime the brake is serviced, the stand-alone bearing is cheaper than sealed hub-bearing assembly. and uh. its easier to replace a broken stud.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by 12vdc View Post
    ^Mechanically they are the same being held by 4 bolts on the suspension, but maintenance-wise, this drum-over-bearing design is better than bearing-over-hub. Aside from ease of inspecting the bearing condition everytime the brake is serviced, the stand-alone bearing is cheaper than sealed hub-bearing assembly. and uh. its easier to replace a broken stud.

any ideas why it's failing prematurely on the almera? i.e. failing even before the front wheel bearings

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast