New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    Haha...I can only offer 1st hand ownership info. Never had the chance nor blessing to have the above choices. Let's give the floor here to experience, doc.Help need expert advice!  Mazda 3 or Honda FD

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    you don't mazda3...?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    you don't mazda3...?
    Not the preSkyactiv, doc. Totally different platforms.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    Not the preSkyactiv, doc. Totally different platforms.

bow ako, sir.

so different from us experts, who probably read it somewhere, a day before the question-er did.
    heh heh.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    bow ako, sir.

so different from us experts, who probably read it somewhere, a day before the question-er did.
    heh heh.
    Haha...nothing wrong w/ good passing (hence, they're called assists in hoops), doc....just not gas nor fake news.Help need expert advice!  Mazda 3 or Honda FD

5. Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Buying a car that's around 10 years old... is it worth the risk po ba considering the mileage, condition, and the maintenance cost?

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by trann123 View Post
    Buying a car that's around 10 years old... is it worth the risk po ba considering the mileage, condition, and the maintenance cost?
    Its really very difficult to say, you have to really look into the condition of the car and the seller. There are seller's out there that are maxadong ma ok ok sa maintenance like always replacing pairs instead of 1 of the damage part only (shock absorber ball joints suspension etc) and are religious with the change of all fluids sa car. IMO kasi how you maintain the fluids (engine oil, transmission, axle etc) determines the longevity of the vehicle.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by trann123 View Post
    as anthrax says above, we can not generalize, po. there will always be an exception.

to wit,
    some owners religiously maintain their cars, such that the car, though old, still runs well.
    and there are owners who run their cars to the ground. the car is already in worn condition, even at a relatively early age.

but generally, an old car will need more repair and maintenance than a newer car.
    and a newer car is probably better than a much older car in every other way.

best to go see the car and decide if it is worth buying.

an auto aficionado once said, "no matter how much restoration is done to an old car, it will still drive like an... old car!" more modern cars will probably drive better.
    the reason is, we are limited by the technology around which the old car was built.

i have two cars that are 13 and 15 years old. i can comfortably and reliably drive either of them to baguio and back, anytime.
    ordinary, regular maintenance lang po.
    Last edited by dr. d; December 6th, 2018 at 07:57 AM.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2018
    For me, i see the mazda as an underdog in the car world. It isn't so famous and that may be a good thing one way or another.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by itsmemanny View Post
    For me, i see the mazda as an underdog in the car world. It isn't so famous and that may be a good thing one way or another.
    not famous? mazda has won numerous awards with their recent vehicles.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    not famous? mazda has won numerous awards with their recent vehicles.
    that may be.
    but it's still "not so famous" in our local market, compared to the competition.
    compared to the big population of "un-educated" car buyers, "educated" car critics are relatively few.

dito na lang sa tsikoteers,
    sino ang nakaka-alam ng pamosong mazda?
    jut.. travs..

and look at the number of posts.
    mazda has less than 38,000 posts. even lowly nissan has 48,000 posts.

i am not saying mazda is a bad car. i am saying, it is not as popular as the other cars.
    Last edited by dr. d; December 16th, 2018 at 09:50 PM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast