New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    [SIZE=2]Hi sir/s, balak ko po bumili ng second hand car, Nissan Sentra Series 3 97(manual) worth 135k, when a friend of mine offered me his uncles Nissan Sentra Super Saloon ECCS for 60k. Kaya lang medyo may problema na daw yung transmition (automatic) pero ginagamit pa rin po nila yung car, yung interior/exterior(all stock) ng car is in very good condition, parang bago pa nga since di naman masyado ginagamit[/SIZE]. [SIZE=2]Sa palagay nyo po ba mas ok na kunin ko na lang yung ECCS tapos papalitan ko na lang yung transmition, help nyo naman po ako mag decide.[/SIZE]

2. Join Date
    May 2004
    Kung ako tatanungin mo.. dun ako sa Manual...

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    For me, I would refrain from buying something that you have to fix something pa. Look for a car that has minimal deffects and go with a brand that has a good reputation and has plenty of spare parts and upgrades if possible. Take for example the Toyota Corolla 96-97 models, It has a tested and proven engine (based on taxi usage) and it has plenty of spare parts available. Prices may differ by brand names but look at it on a long term basis.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by junftan View Post
    [SIZE=2]Hi sir/s, balak ko po bumili ng second hand car, Nissan Sentra Series 3 97(manual) worth 135k, when a friend of mine offered me his uncles Nissan Sentra Super Saloon ECCS for 60k. Kaya lang medyo may problema na daw yung transmition (automatic) pero ginagamit pa rin po nila yung car, yung interior/exterior(all stock) ng car is in very good condition, parang bago pa nga since di naman masyado ginagamit[/SIZE]. [SIZE=2]Sa palagay nyo po ba mas ok na kunin ko na lang yung ECCS tapos papalitan ko na lang yung transmition, help nyo naman po ako mag decide.[/SIZE]

With cars this old and older, I would rather go for cars with manual transmissions unless there is some other over-riding requirements why you need to get an automatic.

Also buying a RUNNING car would be better because you are buying a car to get around, not as a project car, even if the car offered is really cheap.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Anong year model ang ECCS na 60k? If you really like the uncle's car and you are really sure that is has been well taken cared of and that the transmission is the only thing that is malfunctioning, then get it especially if the ECCS is fairly new. A/T's of old cars are quite cheap nowadays, a family friend of ours had their itlog Lancer's A/T replaced for just 10k.

Pero kung maraming problema talaga, steer clear and get yourself a better one, preferably in M/T form. If you can afford it, B14's should be better, as I find the B13 to look too old already and the interior is very cramped.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Also buying a RUNNING car would be better because you are buying a car to get around, not as a project car, even if the car offered is really cheap.
    As I usually advise others, "There is nothing more expensive than a CHEAP Mercedes". Not all cheaply sold vehicles are "cheap". If you're unlucky enough, you may just end up spending more than the amount of acquiring the car.

Help me decide, planning to buy 2nd hand car.