New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Good Day Tsikoters!
    Im a Newbie here and the reason why I joined tsikot.com is to gain more knowledge and tips about Cars.
    I am now planning to buy my first car and first on my list is the Ford Focus Sedan 1.8 MT.

I am looking for threads about 2011/2012 Focus Technical Discussions and im having a hard time finding one since i am not yet familiar on the thread tools.

I just have questions about the Focus, hoping you guys can help me
    1. How much is the PMS?
    2. Parts Availability?
    3. Maintenance?
    4. Highlights
    5. Lowlights
    6. Is worth waiting for the 2012 Focus or just go with the 2011 Focus?

I already submitted my Car Loan application to BPI Bank and fortunately i was approved. 30% DP for 60 Months.
    They are just waiting for my decision.

BTW, my other options are Ford Fiesta 1.6L AT PS and Honda Civic 1.8s
    Ill wait for your inputs. Thanks in advance

2. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ErickDeg View Post
    Good Day Tsikoters!
    Im a Newbie here and the reason why I joined tsikot.com is to gain more knowledge and tips about Cars.
    I am now planning to buy my first car and first on my list is the Ford Focus Sedan 1.8 MT.

I am looking for threads about 2011/2012 Focus Technical Discussions and im having a hard time finding one since i am not yet familiar on the thread tools.

1. How much is the PMS?
    2. Parts Availability?
    3. Maintenance?
    4. Highlights
    5. Lowlights

I already submitted my Car Loan application to BPI Bank and fortunately i was approved. 30% DP for 60 Months.

why settle for the current focus or civic ? just wait for the new model... its just gonna be a waste of money if you pick the current model considering the drop in car value after the new model arrives...

as for your other questions im afraid i cant help ... :D congrats on your first car

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Good Day Tsikoters!

1. How much is the PMS?
    2. Parts Availability?
    3. Maintenance?
    4. Highlights
    5. Lowlights

The current Focus and Civic will be replaced in 2012. I would suggest either waiting for choosing another car to purchase.

The Ford Fiesta is a good car but it might feel small if you need/want more interior space.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Thank you so much for the prompt replies sir's.

Actually waiting for the 2012 model of each car is really my option, im 60% gonna go with the focus, i like the new look of it as compared to the new look of 2012 civic.

Of the cars, which one has lower maintenance cost?
    anyone knows when the 2012 focus be released?

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    The advantage of buying soon to be phased out models are the HUGE DISCOUNTS. They would more than pay for any depreciation as a result of a new model.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    The advantage of buying soon to be phased out models are the HUGE DISCOUNTS. They would more than pay for any depreciation as a result of a new model.
    aside from hige discount sir? what other advantages will i get in getting the 2011 models?

7. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Another advantage is, if you get the 2011 model, you can already use the car and enjoy it. But when the newer model arrives, you'll envy the owners of the newer model especially if the reviews and the first-hand experiences of the owners are great.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by LeBRONghini6 View Post
    Another advantage is, if you get the 2011 model, you can already use the car and enjoy it. But when the newer model arrives, you'll envy the owners of the newer model especially if the reviews and the first-hand experiences of the owners are great.
    so true sir how about the advantage of it being tried and tested already as compared to new models?

9. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    so true sir how about the advantage of it being tried and tested already as compared to new models?
    same story naman din pag newer model e... difference is "you" are the among the few that would first "try and test" the new model...

old= they tested it already... new= im gonna test the hell out of it :D

again... ccongrats on your future auto :D

Help Me Choose My First Car