New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Planning to sell my 2010 CRV and get a used pickup truck for business. Budget is 700-750k. I make furniture and also do interior fitout/renovations. This will also be my everyday car.

I really like the ranger but the 2017/2018 units are still out of my budget so I'm thinking of getting a Navara instead because of its acceleration and riding comfort. Loading capacity shouldn't be an issue as I use it ocassionaly for heavy loads (~500kg, once a month/every other month)

I'm open to Toyota and Isuzu as well tho I've read they're not the comfiest.

I'll definitely use the pickup for light hauling and the ocassional heavy load. But I'm also looking for the comfy/easy drive since I'm used to driving gas SUVs

Would like to have recommendations! Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Id go the toyota route with the 2.4 i-art engine. It will be released in a few weeks. If it will be driven daily it will be the most efficient. Lighter steering than the dmax. But it wont have the variable steering available on the higher end models.

4 door ba?

3. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    Id go the toyota route with the 2.4 i-art engine. It will be released in a few weeks. If it will be driven daily it will be the most efficient. Lighter steering than the dmax. But it wont have the variable steering available on the higher end models.

4 door ba?
    Hehe I'm looking for 2nd hand lang sir eh. Yes, 4 doors

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    sa taas ng resale value ng mga pickups, kuha ka na lng ng bago. Alam mong hindi abused. Wala sakit sa ulo.

Hilux E 2.4 Doulble cab mt nasa 1.046M. I would wait for the 2.4 i-art.

Mahal ng dmax.

Strada is ok... 998k.. baka meron discount..

5. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    ^ May mga discounted nga.

Mitsubishi MIRAGE G4 MIRAGE G4 GLX MT Manual, Cars for Sale, New Cars on Carousell

------------------------------------------------------------
    ✔ 2019 STRADA VARIANT
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    2019 Strada Gls 2wd MT. -999,000
    2019 Strada Glx Plus 2wd AT -1,025k
    2019 Strada Glx Plus 2wd Mt -940,000
    2019 Strada Gl 4wd Mt -900,000
    -------------------------------------------------------------

Amazing Offers and Deals | Ford Philippines

Ranger 2.2L XLS 4x2 MT

SRP: Php 1,032,000
    Cash Discount: Php 89,000
    (Price starts Php 943,000)

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Importante ba sayo ang 2nd row ride comfort? Kung usually mag isa ka lang naman then maayos naman sila lahat sa harap. HELP: Looking for used pickup for daily drive

Navara is cheapest. Sulit din naman at pogi. Though kung laging mabigat ang bitbit, mas prefer ko parin ang molye sa likod. I'd spring for the D-Max. Preferably with the 3.0.

Sent from my SM-G965N using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Importante ba sayo ang 2nd row ride comfort? Kung usually mag isa ka lang naman then maayos naman sila lahat sa harap. HELP: Looking for used pickup for daily drive

Navara is cheapest. Sulit din naman at pogi. Though kung laging mabigat ang bitbit, mas prefer ko parin ang molye sa likod. I'd spring for the D-Max. Preferably with the 3.0.

Sabagay magisa lang naman ako madalas. Di ba mabigat steering ng dmax sir? Wala pa kasi akong experience with isuzu

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by bogsingbagsik View Post
    Sabagay magisa lang naman ako madalas. Di ba mabigat steering ng dmax sir? Wala pa kasi akong experience with isuzu
    Have not tried out the latest D-Max, though I have driven the 2012 model. Steering was fine. I distinctly remember the 2013 Strada's steering to be significantly heavier. Should you get a 3.0 D-Max, the advantage it has is an understressed engine, as compared to those newfangled low displacement engines on steroids (sky high boost HELP: Looking for used pickup for daily drive). This is the ideal engine for long term heavy hauling, as proven by the fact that the current Elf trucks both local and Japan surplus also use this engine.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2020
    tingin ko if used, better go with hilux or dmax for the sole reason of reliablity with those tried and tested engines.
    kaso if daily drive, and if comfort is one of your priority, wag muna isali sa pagpipilian c hilux :D

best deal for now namn, if you can shell out a bnew pickup at 1.12M would be Ford Ranger XLT 4x2 AT 2020
    beats out even the strada GLS 2020 4x2 AT 1.2M+

if manual, Ford Ranger 2.2 XLS 4x2 MT Discounted Price P943,000

10. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Hi again,

Thinking of getting a brand new unit na lang. Went to nissan and mitsubishi earlier and they both have promo discounts.

4x2 EL AT is 1.139m and 4x2 GLS AT is 1.15m

I like both of their looks but I only have driven the Navara. I liked its acceleration and riding comfort but I can't compare them since Mitsubishi does not allow test drives currently. Would love to get your thoughts

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast