New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by GrowOld19 View Post
    I like the Altis pero meron na sa office. So out of the list na yung Altis, City, Jazz, & vios. I really like the Ford Escape!
    Ask ko po your opinions about this car.

Ford Escape AT - 02 - Cars for sale NCR - AyosDito.ph

Sorry I have no idea about cars. But I really want to learn. So thanks for your posts! God Bless you all!
    Oh that... I recommended the M/T Escape to you for a reason. The Escape's within your budget (1st generation with 130hp 2.0L Zetec engine) in A/T form are rather short on power, the added weight of the 4WD system makes it worse for the A/T Escape. The M/T Escape is lighter (lighter transmission and no 4WD) and so is faster and largely more fuel efficient.

I say this from personal experience. We have a 2003 Escape XLT A/T in the family. I like everything about it except the lack of power due to the dumb transmission (when I wanted to go just a wee bit faster, it will IMMEDIATELY rev all the way to 6000rpm and then shift), and also the fact that it is very, very thirsty. Stay away from A/T Escape's if fuel efficiency is a concern.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    OK sana yung pinakita mo na Accord, maporma, masarap sakyan at ok din ang performance. Kaso ang tindi sa gas yun, especially since its a 2.0L A/T combo. The GSR is too small, too old (original design dates back to 1995!), and the performance is definitely not deserving of the GSR badge.
    We had that Accord, the TOTL 2.2 VTi-L.

Matipid na yung 7km/L

3. Join Date
    May 2010
    me too, i would suggest the Escape M/T

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    We had that Accord, the TOTL 2.2 VTi-L.

Matipid na yung 7km/L
    My thoughts exactly. I have a relative who has a 2005 Accord 2.4VTi-L. Grabeng uminom! Tame driving will get him around 6.something km/L. And its got a more modern engine and transmission na ah.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    I thought the K24 Accord is more efficient. Ganun din pala..

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    I thought the K24 Accord is more efficient. Ganun din pala..
    Yup, kaya ayaw na ayaw kong ipaglaruan yan unless the fuel tank is full. It won't be long before you notice its nearing the bottom again. Pero in fairness ang bilis nun ah, maintaining speeds in excess of 200km/h is a mere trifle, wala talaga akong masabi sa handling, at ang galing galing kumanta nito!

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Yup. K24 is the magic. Got a chance to drive the 3.0 V6 version of that Accord. It was damn faster than the K24. Pero mas malakas pa sa gas :hysterical:

Anyway medyo OT tayo. Haha

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Oops~ Haha napa-OT na.

*TS: You may want to read these reviews to know more about the Escape and its rivals.
    motioncars.com | Drives | The Replacement Killers: Ford Escape XLT vs. Honda CR-V vs. Toyota RAV4
    motioncars.com | Drives | The Right Stuff: Ford Escape (2002)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
HELP!! i'm planning to buy a 2nd hand car..