New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Sir GTi salamat sa reply..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    I'd go with the Civic - good balance between space and performance. The Jazz IDSI though is better in fuel efficiency. Can anybody share actual fuel consumption figures between the Civic ES 1.6MT VTEC3 and the Jazz GD 1.3MT IDSI? This would surely help the TS in his selection. IMHO, a difference of 2 Km/L in FC will not sway me to get the smaller car, assuming you drive less than 50 km a day.
    Thanks boss Egan.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    I'd go with the Civic - good balance between space and performance. The Jazz IDSI though is better in fuel efficiency. Can anybody share actual fuel consumption figures between the Civic ES 1.6MT VTEC3 and the Jazz GD 1.3MT IDSI? This would surely help the TS in his selection. IMHO, a difference of 2 Km/L in FC will not sway me to get the smaller car, assuming you drive less than 50 km a day.
    My absolute worst was 9.7 km/L on a trackday, and that's exceptional. In most events one tank of gas gets me to Batangas/Clark/Subic, lots of practice and hot laps, and gets me home no problem - which still amounts to 11 km/L.

Driven in anger my Jazz still gets 11-12 km/L in Manila. 14 km/L is yours if you're a saint. Stretch the Jazz's legs, make use of the torque, and you can get 17 km/L going from Manila to Baguio.

On a long highway drive and with gentle driving I had a personal best of 28 km/L.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Pierre_one View Post
    Mga sir, I'm a newbie here and planning to buy my first car. I'm currently choosing between these two: Help naman mga boss kung alin ang mas ok. Tsaka ok lang ba ang price nila?

2005 Honda Civic M/T 1.6L Vtec3, priced at 330K

or

2005 Honda Jazz M/T 1.3 dsi priced at 335K

TIA mga sir!
    Both are good (based on my sister's 04 Honda Civic and in-laws 2002 Civic, and a cousin's Jazz)....

Sister got the well-looked after mint-condition (looks new in fact hehe) 2nd-hand 2004 Civic from a close friend of her who upgraded to a 2012 Hyundai Sonata. She got it for PhP210,000 and i don' know if that's a good price for a Civic that age....

Cheers!

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    210k for a 2004 Civic ES? VTI or VTI-S na ba yan? Very good price nga yan! Most 2nd gen Civic ES (2004-2005, eagle eye) still fetch 300k or more on the used market. The 1st gen ES (2001-2003) are priced above 250k.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Help! Civic '05 or Jazz '05? (noob here)