New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Rear sway... definitely a good addition. Up to you which one you want most in front... a front lower sway bar might have more effect than the four-point, but it will depend on the car. I know a little about the Carens shortcomings, but I only drove it for a short while.

Everything else, up to you... The Carens CRDi is super quick for a seven seater... so suspension and tires are really the only things you need to address. Perhaps better brake pads for more bite, but you're limited in applications. Perhaps the RunStop guys can help you find out if other Hyundai-Kia applications will fit (like Elantra brakes, for example).

But of course, anytime you use your full braking capacities on the road, you're driving way too fast. Suspension should do it for you. With a good set of bars, the handling will improve more than simply stiffening the springs.
    yup masaya ko sa performance ng carens, handling and braking need maimprove. pag naubos nalang, siguro palitan ko muna ng better pads then ung runstop discs, after racechip/dts/dpchip + sprint booster upgrade... may ay kalakasan ang yaw nya sa corners, korean models have ESP... pero para sa akin, mas ok wala ESP, lesser electronics... engine palang dami nang electronics din and i have an impression na mas mahina stock braking nito than my x-xtrail....

so, unahin ko nga rear sway bar... then buy-and-sell nalang ng parts...kung sana pwede fit-test-and-drive ung mga components before i buy, mas ok, kaya lang as i know, as-per-order basis ang UR for carens... iimport pa from malaysia... speedlab carries this brand di ba? magkano kaya labor?

eto ask ko lang, stock tires ng carens ay 205/65r15, and according sa stcker sa gilid, i could fit 225/50r17... anu pagkakaiba sa handling, if meron? aside sa fact na magiging masmadumi ang car pag umulan kasi mas malapad ang tires.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    No need for sprint booster after chipping. Sprint booster merely increases throttle sensitivity, but doesn't do anything else.

Only difference in handling will be due to the compound of the tires themselves and the stiffer sidewalls. Less "squidge" in corners, but grip will still be similar (if you buy similar tires instead of high-grip sports tires). Still worth it, but the cost upfront and when it comes time to change worn out tires will obviously be higher.

Tires just define outright limits, which you will not easily hit unless you're driving faster than the Carens is capable of. Suspension defines how the car behaves below and above those limits. A car that is more driveable even with low grip (the Nissan Sentra 2.0 and Ford Focus are a good example of this) are more fun to drive.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    ano pong mas ok mga boss, lowering springs lang or coilovers? specifically buddyclub na second hand

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    adjustable coilovers

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Agree with bro uls, and stay away from lowering springs. It'll make daily life hard for you.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    ano pong suggested nyo na brand?

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    ohlins

zeal

8. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Up

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567