New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    1. Mazda 6 fuel consumption, worst is 9 km/L in a standstill traffic. Highway driving is 23 km/L running at 83 kph using cruise control. If you have a lead foot, 15 km/L should satisfy your need for speed.

2. I believe this car is stable and feels solid. Our moderator, *jut703, used this car in Tarlac Circuit Hill and made good time of 1:13 with three passengers​. Attached is the picture of the circuit for you to see how that guy managed to do it with those twisting roads.

3. PMS is absolutely free for three (3) years, and that includes lubricating oil, oil filter, fuel filter, air filter, etc. After sales concern, joining a group should help you. Basic oil change and other related items shouldn't cost much.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by O_buyer View Post
    To be perfectly honest, I have not considered the Golf. But will check it out when I check the Tiguan!
    The new Tiguan comes with a 1.4L turbo gas engine only. The Golf GTS wagon comes with a 2.0L turbo diesel engine. Both vehicles are based off the same VW MQB platform.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    She's looking for a crossover or SUV ... The Suzuki Vitara is good although you might not warm up to the interior ... The smallest one that would fit your criteria would be the Subaru XV ... Hyundai Kona is worth a look but then again it's a Hyundai ... Honda CR-V 1.6 diesel would be your best option though ... Diesel, great interior, reliable, good brand ...

4. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    She's looking for a crossover or SUV ... The Suzuki Vitara is good although you might not warm up to the interior ... The smallest one that would fit your criteria would be the Subaru XV ... Hyundai Kona is worth a look but then again it's a Hyundai ... Honda CR-V 1.6 diesel would be your best option though ... Diesel, great interior, reliable, good brand ...
    Then the CX-5 or CR-V will also do. This CX-5 should feel stable and well planted. Our moderator also had a good ride on it on the track. He should be able to compare the two as he owns a CR-V.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Diesel CR-V fits. Great FC, ride quality and cabin space. While it isn't as stable as the FXT and CX-5 in the corners, body roll is minimal and controlled.

Transmission is a little jerky and brakes a little sensitive but these are very minor gripes. If outright acceleration is a priority though you might want to look elsewhere.

Definitely add this to your test drive list.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by monty_GTV View Post
    Toyota RAV4. very nimble. my wife drives an older model but she likes it a lot...
    Oh, will check it out! Thank you

7. Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Archerfish View Post
    1. Mazda 6 fuel consumption, worst is 9 km/L in a standstill traffic. Highway driving is 23 km/L running at 83 kph using cruise control. If you have a lead foot, 15 km/L should satisfy your need for speed.

2. I believe this car is stable and feels solid. Our moderator, *jut703, used this car in Tarlac Circuit Hill and made good time of 1:13 with three passengers​. Attached is the picture of the circuit for you to see how that guy managed to do it with those twisting roads.

3. PMS is absolutely free for three (3) years, and that includes lubricating oil, oil filter, fuel filter, air filter, etc. After sales concern, joining a group should help you. Basic oil change and other related items shouldn't cost much.
    The free three (3) year PMS sounds very tempting and the fuel consumption is not bad! I'll look it up along with the CX-5. Thank you for this detailed and informative response! :D

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    The new Tiguan comes with a 1.4L turbo gas engine only. The Golf GTS wagon comes with a 2.0L turbo diesel engine. Both vehicles are based off the same VW MQB platform.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I see. I'm not familiar with engines but will read up on them. :D

8. Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Oh, what's wrong with the Vitara's interiors? I haven't seen it yet. Hmm.. I'm seriously considering the XV just because of the ground clearance. Lol. I thought about the Kona and the Tucson. Is it worth risking it despite the terrible after sales feedback?

Yeah, my dad thinks the CR-V is a pretty good choice. I'll prolly drop by a showroom soon to check it out.

Thank you!

9. Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Archerfish View Post
    Then the CX-5 or CR-V will also do. This CX-5 should feel stable and well planted. Our moderator also had a good ride on it on the track. He should be able to compare the two as he owns a CR-V.
    Oh, I'd love to hear a comparison between the two.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    Diesel CR-V fits. Great FC, ride quality and cabin space. While it isn't as stable as the FXT and CX-5 in the corners, body roll is minimal and controlled.

Transmission is a little jerky and brakes a little sensitive but these are very minor gripes. If outright acceleration is a priority though you might want to look elsewhere.

Definitely add this to your test drive list.
    Great! Will definitely check this out! Thank you!

It seems the CR-V's getting a lot of votes.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast