Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    brutus01sg

sir ygpm

2. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    No more P120,000 discount on the SRP of the GLS? If you really want the Lancer EX, try asking again.

I bought my Lancer EX GLS in the 1st quarter of this year. I was given the P120T discount from the P1,050T SRP of the GLS so I only paid P930T for the car.
    *sir brutus - korek po si sir ghosthunter, tanong nyo po dapat kung may discount pa :D actually sir may masmababa pang offer dyan (less than 930k for GLS A/T). huge discount with freebies. nandito lang sa tabi tabi ang dealer *hint*hint* hehe

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    15 seconds? Are you sure about that? On full throttle? Maybe the driver was taking it easy with the throttle adding on the fact that the car isn't broken in yet.
    Kindly read the car test article:

http://www.bigbigcars.com/boards/def...g=posts&t=3631

For a car with a six-speed transmission and a claimed 138 hp, the Cruze’s 0-100 km/h time of 14.9 seconds is pretty disappointing. Even the Cruze’s hefty curb weight and “green” engine (only 600 kms on the clock) can’t account for all of that... as the 1.8 liter Focus is three seconds faster. 60-100 km/h acceleration (which matters for overtaking) takes a leisurely 8.5 seconds. Or longer if you’re cruising in 5th or 6th gear and have to wait for the transmission to downshift. Manually shifting the transmission puts you in the correct gear much sooner, but you still have to put up with glacially slow shifts.
    Those guys did a full-on instrumented test using the same tools as other car mags. No denying that the Cruze 1.8 A/T is dead slow, even slower than a Corolla 1.6 A/T.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; October 22nd, 2010 at 12:10 AM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by iceblueyes View Post
    Hello sir
    Just like to ask your opinions about the Focus 1.8 Trend?

My family kinda likes it because it is a big car and the price given to us after discounts was Php 829,000. No insurance included but the price difference from other cars is quite significant and that is why I'm asking here if there is something I should know about it.

Thank you
    You might consider:

Lancer EX GLX M/T = P855,000
    Lancer EX GLS CVT = P895,000

5. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    You might consider:

Lancer EX GLX M/T = P855,000
    Lancer EX GLS CVT = P895,000
    Kung kailan decided na ako sa Cruze LS A/T ngayong NOV tsaka bumaba ang GLS nang ganito; I need to rethink.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Hello sirs
    First of all, Thank you for taking time to read my thread and for all the inputs you have given me.

So finally, after a long deliberation, we narrowed our choices to 4
    Honda City 1.5E
    Honda Jazz 1.5V
    Ford Focus Trend 1.8
    Lancer EX GLS

We'd like to narrow it down further so I'd just like to ask which among the 4 would you not recommend outright.

Some observations I've made after reading through a lot of pages is that in purely city driving, the Jazz seems to average a higher km/l than the rest, usually double digits. The City seems to border in the 9-12s, and the Lancer and Focus around 7-10. Is this correct?
    My family also has the idea that a 2.0L engine car(i.e. Lancer EX GLS) would be "sayang" for us since it would be just for city driving and our average speed is usually just 40-50kph, it would just use more fuel. Is this also correct?

Thanks

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    why not get a diesel innova?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Mainly because its over our budget. Engine issues? and I find that the 3rd row seats are useless, I'd never fit in there so why pay more.

Thanks for the suggestion nonetheless

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    In order.

1. Lancer EX GLS
    2. Ford Focus Trend
    3. Honda Jazz
    4. City

;)

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    For me: