New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Hello sirs, I'd like to ask for your help in picking a new car to replace our 2002 Altis.

The car will mostly be used for city driving, worst case scenario in terms of load would be carrying 4 adult passengers with a trunk full of groceries. I'm thinking a Hatchback might be a No go due to that but I'm open to suggestions.

• Our Budget is <= Php 950,000

• Has to be AT

• Has to be Reliable/Durable. Able to last as long our previous car, given good maintenance, is a plus.

• Fuel Efficient

• Comfortable ride, roomy enough for at least 4 adults of above average height.

• Low cost maintenance

Thank you in advance

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Another Altis then?

Also consider Honda Jazz...

Amen to the Honda Jazz suggestion, since space seems to be a primary concern. "Low cost maintenance" is relative -- the Jazz will probably have the same maintenance cost as the Altis.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Mitsubishi Lancer EX GLS (CVT) = P930,000

5. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Mitsubishi Lancer EX GLS (CVT) = P930,000

I'll also choose this over the Honda Jazz..

6. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    I asked around at Mitsubishi QA yesterday and the Lancer EX GLS was priced at Php 1,050,000.

I've also considered the Jazz, given that I've read great reviews about it, but my family does not like a Hatchback so we are keeping it as our last choice for the moment.

Thanks for taking time to reply

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Kung tipid sa maintenance Honda Civic or Jazz. Every 10k/6months yung maintenance intervals.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by iceblueyes View Post
    I asked around at Mitsubishi QA yesterday and the Lancer EX GLS was priced at Php 1,050,000.
    No more P120,000 discount on the SRP of the GLS? If you really want the Lancer EX, try asking again.

I bought my Lancer EX GLS in the 1st quarter of this year. I was given the P120T discount from the P1,050T SRP of the GLS so I only paid P930T for the car.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jmpet626 View Post
    Kung tipid sa maintenance Honda Civic or Jazz. Every 10k/6months yung maintenance intervals.
    Pati oil filter every 10K rin?

10. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    No more P120,000 discount on the SRP of the GLS? If you really want the Lancer EX, try asking again.

I bought my Lancer EX GLS in the 1st quarter of this year. I was given the P120T discount from the P1,050T SRP of the GLS so I only paid P930T for the car.
    Hi ghosthunter, makitanong... saang dealer yan. Pinag iisipan ko pa... kong kakasya budget... either Lancer EX GLS o GT-A!

If you dont mind... how much lahat cash out mo including insurance, etc...

Thank you!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Help in buying a new car!