New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    HI

I would like to buy 1.5 glx lancer manual or vios 1.3j which is the better choice am not fond of compact sedan and have 2 kids

pls help me decide

thnks you

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by lancer buyer View Post
    HI

I would like to buy 1.5 glx lancer manual or vios 1.3j which is the better choice am not fond of compact sedan and have 2 kids

pls help me decide

thnks you
    What is your working budget to buy a new car? And are you open to other cars outside your mentioned options?

But from your two options, I would choose the Lancer GLX 1.6L sedan.

You could also try looking over the Nissan Sentra 1.3 GX MT (PWR) which is priced at P635K.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; December 4th, 2010 at 04:52 PM.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Don't go after the chev.. My gf's dad has an optra in their family and it's freakn rusting out already after 3 years... ya they seem attractive at first but think long term.. go with a safe choice and buy the mits

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Optra is not CRUZE

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by lancer buyer View Post
    HI

pls help me decide

thnks you
    from the choices, ill get the vios j. IMO the lancer glx looks and feels an old model car. no offense to those who bought this.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by j.caine View Post
    Optra is not CRUZE

No offense to chev ownerss... they make nice rides naman but when it comes to compact sedans... they need more refinement. Optra and the Cruze to me are just like fad cars. They don't make the Optra anymore, so what's in store for the future of the Cruze?

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    It's not that they make bad sedans, it's the chevrolet itself that has a problem -- high maintenance. parts availability problems. high fuel consumption. etc. etc.

If these things can be improved then you will be seeing more Cruzes on the road ...

8. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by machracer View Post
    No offense to chev ownerss... they make nice rides naman but when it comes to compact sedans... they need more refinement. Optra and the Cruze to me are just like fad cars. They don't make the Optra anymore, so what's in store for the future of the Cruze?
    this is a global car - i dont think Chevrolet/GM will stop making this car anytime soon... if it's gonna be problem in the future[5 years at least] then owners of Cruze will just have to live with. but 5 years, owners might be already switching to a diffrent car

9. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    It's not that they make bad sedans, it's the chevrolet itself that has a problem -- high maintenance. parts availability problems. high fuel consumption. etc. etc.

If these things can be improved then you will be seeing more Cruzes on the road ...
    i have to agree. but if you love the car, you must be prepared and must have the resources to maintain it. if money wont be an issue then go for it!

10. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by j.caine View Post
    i have to agree. but if you love the car, you must be prepared and must have the resources to maintain it. if money wont be an issue then go for it!
    is it really true that the cost of ownership and maintenance of the CRUZE is really high?(parts and FC)

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
Help in buying a new car!