New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by arvie1 View Post
    I'm thinking of getting the GT-A sir, but there are some saying that the 18" shoes makes it a lil' bit bumpy ride?
    No, just right for me.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    No, just right for me.
    Okay sir. Sir, what if I consider a used car? Yung mga coupe or sports car which is beyond my budget? Mga porsche boxster basta A/T pa rin. Kaso ang inaalala ko is yung maintenance? Mahal siguro?

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Malamang mahal ang maintenance nyan.

"Porsche" nga eh.

Tsaka anong year model ng Porsche Boxter yan?

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    2nd hand na porsche? IMO wag na lang. you wont believe how much it would cost to have a simple brake pad change.

sa choices, ill go for forester turbo! ganda talaga handling, power, and looks great. dream car ko ngayon ito and your lucky enough to have those choices considering first car mo.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2010

Thanks sir! I'm a little bit confused na lang between the 3, FOCUS TDCI, LANCER GT-A or SUBARU IMPREZA HATCH. Yung impreza ba na sedan na base does it goes with a spoiler na?
    Dude, don't call me sir, hindi naman malayo ang edad natin... I'm just in my mid-20s. Honestly, trip ko rin iyang tatlong iyan and toss-coin talaga ako between Mitsubishi Lancer GT-A, Ford Focus TDCi & Subaru Impreza Hatch. Downside with the Subbie is fuel consumption dahil all wheel drive siya which means mabigat ang drive-train, all four wheels needs gas because all four wheels propel the car. but once unleashed, it's also a monster. pero saksakan ka ng pogi sa Subbie, no doubt! GT-A is also getting a rave review from satisfied clients so it means that Mitsubishi's best advertisement are their clients which is something to really consider. And with Ford Focus TDCi, I believe I said my piece already. It's a toss-coin match, I believe... win-win deal!

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    pasali din ako sa pag-advice. first consider your self to be very lucky at may gift ka for passing the board exam and congratulations. if i where you wag mong sagadin yung 1.2M budget. kung daily use lang naman get a VIOS or GETZ (tipid sa gas and madaling mag-maintain). kasi after 2 years eh probably your going abroad. mas matutuwa ang parents mo nyan sa iyo. yung masasave na money use it when your going abroad. pero kung bigtime ang family mo eh...take the advice of our fellow tsikoteers in 1.2M budget. goodluck and safe driving.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Among the 3, I'll definitely narrow it down to the GT-A or the Focus. The Subaru is just too soft. Not just literally (it's ride) but also figuratively (it's punchyness). The 4-AT and AWD are just a burden for the usually preppy engine.

Now, Focus or GT-A. Hmm.

Exterior: GT-A by a long, long shot. The Focus is handsome but was never eye-catching for me. The GT-A looks like it's gonna eat me and I like that.

Interior: GT-A. The Focus has an okay interior, but the center console really ticks me off. Looks cheap. The GT-A looks much better, but doesn't feel as solidly built.

Performance: Focus. While the GT-A has a very grunty engine, you can't out-grunt the torque of the TDCi. Top speed they're about the same, acceleration is about the same, but the feel of speed, there's more of that in the Focus.

FC: Focus. It's a diesel, 'nuff said.

Maintenance: About the same.

Space: GT-A. It's a bigger car, so it naturally has more space.

Handling: About equal. Both are really good at corners though the diesel TDCi has a heavy front due to the weight of the engine. But then again, the Lancer is a heavier car altogether.

In the end, I think the GT-A is the better car overall. It's really just the FC and engine of the TDCi that carries it. Thing is, those two are very important for me so it's really hard.

Focus if you value FC greatly. GT-A if not much.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Okay sir. Sir, what if I consider a used car? Yung mga coupe or sports car which is beyond my budget? Mga porsche boxster basta A/T pa rin. Kaso ang inaalala ko is yung maintenance? Mahal siguro?
    bro, since can affored ka bumili ng porshe bakit mo pinoproblema ang maintenance nito kung mahal, kaya mong bumili ng ganyan kamahal na sasakyan ibigsabihin marami ka pa ring extrang pera para sa maintenance.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by daycode88 View Post
    pasali din ako sa pag-advice. first consider your self to be very lucky at may gift ka for passing the board exam and congratulations. if i where you wag mong sagadin yung 1.2M budget. kung daily use lang naman get a VIOS or GETZ (tipid sa gas and madaling mag-maintain). kasi after 2 years eh probably your going abroad. mas matutuwa ang parents mo nyan sa iyo. yung masasave na money use it when your going abroad. pero kung bigtime ang family mo eh...take the advice of our fellow tsikoteers in 1.2M budget. goodluck and safe driving.
    Sure sir, give me more advices since noob ako pagdating sa cars e, hehe, i'm just starting to know things about tsikots. For keeps na rin kasi ang need ko na auto sir kaya dun na ko sa solb. haha! Thanks sir!

Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Among the 3, I'll definitely narrow it down to the GT-A or the Focus. The Subaru is just too soft. Not just literally (it's ride) but also figuratively (it's punchyness). The 4-AT and AWD are just a burden for the usually preppy engine.

Now, Focus or GT-A. Hmm.

Exterior: GT-A by a long, long shot. The Focus is handsome but was never eye-catching for me. The GT-A looks like it's gonna eat me and I like that.

Interior: GT-A. The Focus has an okay interior, but the center console really ticks me off. Looks cheap. The GT-A looks much better, but doesn't feel as solidly built.

Performance: Focus. While the GT-A has a very grunty engine, you can't out-grunt the torque of the TDCi. Top speed they're about the same, acceleration is about the same, but the feel of speed, there's more of that in the Focus.

FC: Focus. It's a diesel, 'nuff said.

Maintenance: About the same.

Space: GT-A. It's a bigger car, so it naturally has more space.

Handling: About equal. Both are really good at corners though the diesel TDCi has a heavy front due to the weight of the engine. But then again, the Lancer is a heavier car altogether.

In the end, I think the GT-A is the better car overall. It's really just the FC and engine of the TDCi that carries it. Thing is, those two are very important for me so it's really hard.

Focus if you value FC greatly. GT-A if not much.
    Isama ko na rin ang Chevrolet Cruze 2.0 DIESEL, bagong labas lang, 1.8 pa lang dati kaya hindi ko isinama, tingin mo sir?

Quote Originally Posted by raine View Post
    bro, since can affored ka bumili ng porshe bakit mo pinoproblema ang maintenance nito kung mahal, kaya mong bumili ng ganyan kamahal na sasakyan ibigsabihin marami ka pa ring extrang pera para sa maintenance.
    haha, hindi naman sa ganun sir, ang iniisip ko e syempre used kaya hindi na ganun kamahal, pero ang inaalala ko naman yung maintenance nun kung steady pa rin tulad ng dati nung bago pa, porsche na medyo old model tapos walang issues edi ayos diba sir.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by archie123456789 View Post
    2nd hand na porsche? IMO wag na lang. you wont believe how much it would cost to have a simple brake pad change.
    Hi,
    I'm new to the forum but not too new to the world of cars. Just wanted to share that I agree with your opinion. It is always better to invest in a new car rather then a used one and I'm suggesting because I spent a fortune on repairs and finally sold it off at a loss

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Help in buying a new car!