New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Seij11 View Post
    nakukulangan kasi ako sa feature ng lowest grade na civic, out of the budget naman yun civic M/T S ..

thanks sa opinions GTi and renzo
    for me, mas ok ang specs ng Civic 1.8V vs Altis G MT. The only real advantage of the Altis is the 60/40 rear seats (practical), driver's airbag (important), 6speed MT (important enough) and auto climate control (not so important ). The Civic on the other hand have a 1.8L engine that's also fuel efficient (important), independent rear suspension (also important) and has rear disc brakes (very important). Btw, the base Civic now has ABS EBD + BA too. That base Civic engine is about as powerful as the 1.8L or even 2.0L Corolla and isnt as guzzler.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08 View Post
    Mid model change=facelifted.
    ahhh I see...thanks!

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    in the long run di ba lalakas konsumo ng altis sa gas? i mean pag naluma na engine. 1.6 lang sya sa laki ng kaha nya?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    magaan ang kaha ng ALtis for a compact, although hindi kasing gaan ng 2001-08 model pero magaan pa din.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    thanks sa inputs nyo sa altis,

what about the city S m/t?

Mas practical ba talaga sya? a lot of people are telling me to get the city instead since im just a 22y/o yuppie and ako lang mostly sasakay and dont have a family of my own yet.

and as for the Fuel consumption between the two,
    maliit lang ba talaga difference?

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    The Civic is more youth-oriented compared to the Altis which went the pseudo-luxury route hence the abundance of creature features but neglected engine power (compared to the Civic, at least). I'd take the Civic simply because of the engine.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Seij11 View Post
    thanks sa inputs nyo sa altis,

what about the city S m/t?

Mas practical ba talaga sya? a lot of people are telling me to get the city instead since im just a 22y/o yuppie and ako lang mostly sasakay and dont have a family of my own yet.

and as for the Fuel consumption between the two,
    maliit lang ba talaga difference?
    Forget the City S. 1.3L lang yan eh. Maliit pa ... mas macho ang altis & civic, lalo na pag pinormahan ... :diablo:

8. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Seij11

Have you looked at the CRUZE? I for one am in the same boat as you are, confused on which car to purchase(first car, 9 month old baby girl-so space would be a factor plus the extra features that come w/ it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Help on buying my first car