New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Hello! I've been looking and reading at different car forums but sad to say i dont understand much about car specifications. As of now these are my top choices:
    Hyundai Tucson 2013
    Hyundai Santa Fe 2013
    Kia Sorento 2013
    Kia Sportage 2013

-Will be my first car. Wanted to have an SUV type of car for family use and barkada trips
    -Girl driver
    -The car will be used everyday because I still go to school. Mandaluyong to UST
    -Heard a lot of differences about AT and MT. Mas magastos daw po pag AT?
    -How much po ba yung mga vanity plates?
    -What's the difference po sa Gas, Diesel, & Unleaded?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    I just noticed that your choices are Korean made cars. Any particular reason, and why not consider Japanese cars or American/European? I think you should be more specific with your criteria, i.e., Consumption, ilang seater, gas or diesel, or if should be fitting for a girl, and ease of maintenance and Basing on your choices, maybe budget is not that limitating.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Actually I chose Korean cars for pambata reasons, only because of the sunroof! hahahaha typical college girl answer. Sa japanese cars naman po, okay lang. Im considering toyota fortuner rin po kaso yun nga, walang sunroof =)) Is mitsubishi montero a japanese car rin po? kasi im considering that too. Sa american/european naman po, nabasa ko sa femalenetwork na site, na mahirap daw po pag nasira kasi walang mga genereic car parts daw po dito.

1. Ano po meaning sa consumption?
    2. Seater: lahat po ng pinili ko is pwedeng 5-7 seaters and that fits me well na po.
    3. Doesnt necessarily naman po na fit sa girl, mas gusto ko lang po talaga yung mga SUV and some of my friends told me that it's better to start daw po sa SUV cause mataas na daw or something like that po
    4. Maybe diesel po? Mas maganda daw po pag diesel and mas mura daw po eh

Thank you!

4. Join Date
    May 2012
    siguro tucson or santa fe.
    mas pang girl yun santafe sa tucson, .......automatic kunin mo kasi girl ka, .........diesel......seven seater.
    matipid din naman s diesel santa fe, ayos daw fuel consumption nya sabi ng kakilala ko.
    mukhang madali lang naman sayo ang pera kaya automatic na kunin mo, mas magastos lang pag nasira.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexCarva View Post
    Actually I chose Korean cars for pambata reasons, only because of the sunroof! hahahaha typical college girl answer. Sa japanese cars naman po, okay lang. Im considering toyota fortuner rin po kaso yun nga, walang sunroof =)) Is mitsubishi montero a japanese car rin po? kasi im considering that too. Sa american/european naman po, nabasa ko sa femalenetwork na site, na mahirap daw po pag nasira kasi walang mga genereic car parts daw po dito.

2. Seater: lahat po ng pinili ko is pwedeng 5-7 seaters and that fits me well na po.
    3. Doesnt necessarily naman po na fit sa girl, mas gusto ko lang po talaga yung mga SUV and some of my friends told me that it's better to start daw po sa SUV cause mataas na daw or something like that po

Thank you!
    yes, montero is japanese.

consumption. fuel consumption yan. if you prioritize na tipid ang fuel consumption.

mas matipid ang diesel dahil mas mura. pero mas mahal ang diesel variant. sabi ng iba break even lang, yung iba naman sabi mas matipid ang diesel.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you!
    yes, montero is japanese.

consumption. fuel consumption yan. if you prioritize na tipid ang fuel consumption.

mas matipid ang diesel dahil mas mura. pero mas mahal ang diesel variant. sabi ng iba break even lang, yung iba naman sabi mas matipid ang diesel.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by rukawa11 View Post
    siguro tucson or santa fe.
    mas pang girl yun santafe sa tucson, .......automatic kunin mo kasi girl ka, .........diesel......seven seater.
    matipid din naman s diesel santa fe, ayos daw fuel consumption nya sabi ng kakilala ko.
    mukhang madali lang naman sayo ang pera kaya automatic na kunin mo, mas magastos lang pag nasira.
    for me maangas tingnan ang babae na naka-manual. hahaha :D

7. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Thanks for all those who replied!

Between sa MT & AT, ano po ba mas madaling masira?
    Ano po ba ang karaniwang lifespan ng korean cars? Cause I know that Japanese cars are the best. Also, hindi po ba mahirap makakuha ng parts pag korean or japanese car?

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for all those who replied!

Between sa MT & AT, ano po ba mas madaling masira?
    Ano po ba ang karaniwang lifespan ng korean cars? Cause I know that Japanese cars are the best. Also, hindi po ba mahirap makakuha ng parts pag korean or japanese car?

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Hello! I've been looking and reading at different car forums but sad to say i dont understand much about car specifications. As of now these are my top choices:
    Hyundai Tucson 2013
    Hyundai Santa Fe 2013
    Kia Sorento 2013
    Kia Sportage 2013

-Will be my first car. Wanted to have an SUV type of car for family use and barkada trips
    -Girl driver
    -The car will be used everyday because I still go to school. Mandaluyong to UST
    -Heard a lot of differences about AT and MT. Mas magastos daw po pag AT?
    -How much po ba yung mga vanity plates?
    -What's the difference po sa Gas, Diesel, & Unleaded?
    These are very good choices as they are powerful and fuel efficient, excellent for guiltless bumper to bumper or pedal to the metal driving.

Manuals are always more fuel efficient than their matic counterparts, all things being equal. But then most modern A/T's are actually very nice. Considering that you are looking at the top of the line models which have the panoramic sunroof, this is actually a moot point as they do not have manual options.

Diesel has the advantage of being cheaper than regular unleaded gasoline by around P10 per liter. This combined with the fact that diesel engines are much more fuel efficient than a similarly sized gasoline engine makes it very economical indeed. Although there is still the factor of the higher maintenance cost of diesels to be considered.

I'd get the Santa Fe or Sorento over the Sportage and Tucson as these two have the option of larger seating capacity which is useful if you tag along lots of buddies. That is if you are OK with the added girth of course. Some people find this cumbersome.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    sunroof ! ? in our part of the planet, sunroof, to me, is a negative point! ma-araw na, tutulo pa later on in life..
    oh well.. to each his own.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    If I were you, get the 5-seater SUVs, less people can ride, kasi mabubugbog sasakyan mo pag nagging car ng bayan at Baka yayayain ka Palagi sa gimiks pero sayo ang gasoline. Tama, SUV dapat or higher kasi panglaban sa baha and mas madali I drive shorter vehicle and parking.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Help! Buying first new car