New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Choices are Crosswind XT, XTRM 2000 and REVO

Mga bossing I just need some advice and information in buying 2nd hand AUV.What parts madalas nasisira considering the engine is in good condition.Baka kasi mas mapapamahal pa ako pag 2nd hand.

Thanks!!!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I have no experience with such but as a rule of thumb: Check the underchassis and suspension components. Make sure also that the AUV was not used for "FX Taxi" services. Check also the engine emissions, aircon, and body for any major repairs.

Also, make sure the mileage is correct and not spun (think twice if it's too good to be true), AUV's are bought for practical everyday transpo so it can be used a lot talaga.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    vinj,

is it true na nadadaya daw ang mileage kahit digital or analog.

anybody knows kung saan mas maganda bumili ng use car, have anyone tried na dito sa Automall sa may edsa Pasay or sa alabanng exchange.

Thanks!!!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    jaguar,

madali lang dayain ang odometers, que analog que digital. chances are, yung mga nasa used car dealers, inatras na yung odo nun

merong thread dito about tips on buying second hand car... hanapin mo, it's probably towards the last page of this forum na

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i have a lot of friends in the buy and sell biz and almost all of them practice this odometer rollback..... also referred to as "pitik". Youre better off buying from the 1st owner :D Just have the VIN and Plate#'s checked sa crame to make sure hindi carnap :D

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    A guy told me before na even the BMW digital odo'scan be tampered daw. I've looked also at L400's in a used car dealer na mukhang kaduda-duda yung mileage and another L400 with a Buy and sell na nasira yung odo because they tried to fool around with it.

I think though na hindi kaya sa lahat ng cars na digital (for now). My bro told me about his classmate na buy and sell yung erpats, hassle daw sila sa Frontier na binebenta nila dahil di-daw makalikot yung mileage (that was around a year or two ago).

I'd really suggest you take your time and get from a direct owner. My experience with "buy and sell" guys has been really consistent with rolled mileages and touched-up parts. If you get from a dealer, try to research on the car at the least, we once looked up the original owner of a car with 23K on the mileage... turns out it had 56K already when she sold it to the dealer guy. but we would have been really fooled as the car really looked like it was hardly used. Even if you get one na kinalikot na, if you know the real mileage, you'll know when to service it and what parts to change at least.

7. FrankDrebin Guest
    Nakakatakot talagang bumili sa mga Used car dealers.

Tsk. Tsk. Tsk.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    di bale nang mayroon ka ipagagawa sa mabibili mong second hand car (AUV0 wag lang meron diperensya papers nito.

share ko lang, last month nakabili ang frend ko ng 2nd hand '98 adventure ang mali nya di na nya napa check sa LTO kung may record or wala, ng magpa change ownership na sya, sa PNP walang alarm na carnap yung car pero sa originating LTO walang record, it means na di totoong naka register dun sa LTO office na nasa CR, binalikan nya yung ahente pero yung nagpabenta di na makita, kaya ayun ni report na lang nila sa NBI buti na lang mey cousin sya dun at napaki usapan na wag muna i-confiscate yung car, kaya pa check mo muna papers bago ka magbitiw na pera mo sa makukursunadahan mong AUV, mahirap na.8)8)8)8)

help buying 2nd hand AUV