New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by sean-archer View Post
    I'm eyeing for this 2010 Civic FD AT. My concern is its mileage of 100,000kms. Being 7 years old and having this mileage, will the automatic transmission still last for many more years or will I be shouldering its costly repair very soon if I get the car?

By the way, its asking price is P450K (negotiable). So far, the car is in very good condition. Any input will be appreciated. Thanks!
    100k is ALOT for an Auto only 7yrs old
    If it was a Manuel no problem.
    Personally I would walk away.
    Plenty of other nice second hand cars to buy.
    Never be pressured to buy.

Sent from my SM-J510GN using Tsikot Forums mobile app

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    If the owner of the car lives in the south metro area (Paranaque or Las Pinas or Muntinlupa), it is expected that the car will have reached 100k KM on its 7th year. I live in Paranaque and our cars average around 15k km per year. Around half of that distance is mostly spent on SLEX/Skyway.

However, 450k is on the high side for the asking price. Maybe you can something similar for around 380k to 400k.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2015
    OT: Wow. I wonder how cheap(in terms of percentage) my car will be after 7 years. It's only 2.5 years old but has 100k kms already. But still no issues/repairs done aside from busted brake ligghts.

BTT:
    I agree that you should consider the usual route of the seller.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It's not mileage but how the car was used and maintained. A relatively high mileage car used on the expressway experiences less stress than a car that runs nothing but short, low mileage, bumper to bumper city miles.

If the ATF was replaced as required on the owner's manual (or even more often), then that's fine.

100km in 7 years is 15,000kms per year approximately which is pretty average, especially in the day and age where people live outside the Metro Manila area or take the expressways to travel around more often than before.
    Last edited by vinj; August 16th, 2017 at 07:01 PM.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    put it this way.
    which is the most likely better buy: a high mileage car in good condition, or a similar-model, good condition car with much less mileage on the odometer, at the same price?
    Last edited by dr. d; August 16th, 2017 at 11:06 PM.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by arvs18 View Post
    Sa 450k budget mo, if kaya mo naman tumingin sa ibang car, that 450k will get you a good condition 2011 altis too.

Or sagad mo ng 500k-ish yung budget. Pwede na sya sa 2012 Civic (FB).

But if budget is tight, just keep on scouting for better deals, cheaper Civic FD, para yung sobrang budget mo, para sa mga repairs and essentials (change oil etc)
    Actually isa sa mga considerations ko din ay yung FB, pero prefer ko pa rin talaga yung MMC FD vs the younger FB sa looks. Though I heard you will never go wrong din naman sa FB.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Hello po. ask ko lang po kung ano pong mabibili kong honda unit sa 300k~320k na budget. manual po, matipid sa gas at madali imaintain. first car po kasi kung sakali kaya wala pa po akong masyadong alam. Thanks po.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Look for the newest Jazz or City that will fit your budget. Though with the traffic that we have in the metro, you may appreciate the automatic more.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Chooses are 2nd hand Honda City 1.3s 2009 or 2nd Hand Honda Civic 1.8s 2007, same 80k+ mileage. Which is better po bilhin? Salamat po uli.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    napaka baba naman ng mga odo. tampered? meron ba sila 2nd vehicle? rfs?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Last edited by StockEngine; December 7th, 2017 at 12:17 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast