New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    I guess it would all depend on how well maintained the car is...
    Basically.

One more, getting decade old cars---choose a manual transmission. That way, cost in case of breakdowns would not be too high.

Questions you have to satisfactorily get an answer:
    1. Was the engine already overhauled? It may mean very high mileage or the previous owner just don't care much about the car.

2. Take a deeper look at the cabin? It may speak volumes.

3. Replacement history of aircon compressor, alternator, timing belt, water pump, and radiator. Big ticket items you may have to do it yourself.

---
    BTW, we still have our 2 big body Corollas (1992 and 1993 GLi models). They are not as thrifty in terms of fuel consumption compared to newer sedans.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    i was looking at the 94 sentra series 2 due to budgetary considerations... i saw one for P110T, orig paint, intact interiors, 126+++ km reading, looks okay, but i'm still worried about parts availability, like where to buy original headlights. i'm worried about the cost of ownership between a sentra and a corolla. the corolla is so much more expensive, but i think the cost of ownership is lower than a sentra. can anybody verify please? thanks!

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Replacement headlights, tail lights etc. wont be a problem since stores in Banawe would be always there.

I`ve ridden in a sentra for a few times already ( private, M/T ). The first one was maintained properly but the 2nd one is poorly maintained. All I can say is, they have adequate power to pull the cars at high speeds and knowing Nissan their a/c's blow a cool breeze inside the cabin.

You can look at these units too and have it included in your options list.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Halos pareho naman maganda iyang modelong pinipili mo depende na lang sa kundisyon ng makina .Iyong pang labas minor lang iyan basta siguraduhin mong hindi ka ititirik sa daan . Goodluck.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
HELP: 94 Corolla GLi or 97 Sentra SS?