New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Mag Honda SIR ka nalang. 300k lang hindi nga lang sports car. Just kidding .😂. Yung 1.9m mo. Makakabili ka na second hand na 911 porshe or Lancer Evolution

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Juan Martinez View Post
    i love the soul red but it's just too flashy for me. i checked the pearl white, it's nice. i'm excited to see the ceramic though. and mt it is.
    The Ceramic is very, very interesting... but I think the regular white paint looks better, and will probably be easier to maintain in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by rhenz012 View Post
    Is Toyota 86 in auto really that bad? Ang dami kong nababasang reviews about it
    The MX-5 AT is not as good as the MT, but it's short geared and snappy.

The problem with the 86 is that between 2,500 - 4,000 rpm, the engine's torque delivery drops off noticeably... with the MT, you can drive around it. With the AT, coming from a stop, you have to wait until it gets into the meat of the power band before you feel any excitement.

Against the clock, the two ATs are very similar, but because the MX-5 AT has short gearing and good low end torque, it feels more lively than the 86 AT. Also, the AT in the 86 makes it hard to adjust the attitude of the car on track.

Quote Originally Posted by timming_gear View Post
    Mag Honda SIR ka nalang. 300k lang hindi nga lang sports car. Just kidding .😂. Yung 1.9m mo. Makakabili ka na second hand na 911 porshe or Lancer Evolution
    The 911 you get at under 1.9m is the 996. The older air-cooled ones cost more. For a good reason. 996 engines are notorious for eating themselves to death due to a balancer shaft issue. It's a crapshoot whether the secondhand you're getting has had the fix before permanent (hidden) damage has been done to the engine or whether it's been rebuilt properly.

Still very tempting, now that there are aftermarket solutions to the IMS issue.

An Evo is great fun, but it's a horrible daily driver. Incredibly bad fuel economy. It's like dating a girl who'll only have *** with you if you get her really really drunk. And when she's drunk, she likes to bring out the spiked leather and whips...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    May 2010
    I have a friend that can sell you his E30 M3, E39 M5 and an Evo VI TME if you're serious.

Anyway, if you have the skills and want a very reliable and fast sports coupe, buy a Corvette C6. LS motor, RWD, Amazing handling and Extremely reliable as long as you maintain it well.

4. Join Date
    May 2010
    Add a pristine S14 Silvia on that list.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    S14s are expensive for what you get... though they are good cars.

If you want the feel of an S14 without having to buy a converted car (be it a LHD JDM conversion or an AT-MT conversion of a local S14), there's always the Genesis Coupe... which feels like a newer, more grown-up S14. Not as much potential, I think, and the electronic throttle is a hindrance on the racetrack, but it's a much more relaxing car to use every day.

Get a secondhand V6 6AT (first gen) with the Brembos and splurge a bit on an aftermarket suspension or a rear anti-roll bar and you're set.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    S14s are expensive for what you get... though they are good cars.

If you want the feel of an S14 without having to buy a converted car (be it a LHD JDM conversion or an AT-MT conversion of a local S14), there's always the Genesis Coupe... which feels like a newer, more grown-up S14. Not as much potential, I think, and the electronic throttle is a hindrance on the racetrack, but it's a much more relaxing car to use every day.

Get a secondhand V6 6AT (first gen) with the Brembos and splurge a bit on an aftermarket suspension or a rear anti-roll bar and you're set.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112