New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Between the two (assuming that you are talking about the current, outgoing Focus), I'd get the Focus TDCi. You can go more or less toe to toe with a Lancer EX in a race all the while consuming only about half the fuel expenses of the Lancer EX (taking into consideration the lower fuel consumption and cheaper diesel fuel). And you get a more solid 6 speed dual clutch automatic transmission too as compared to the Lancer's more fragile CVT.

Or, for a bit more you can consider the taller Tucson R e-VGT CRDi. You get a frugal and fast car with more versatility and higher ground clearance which is always a plus considering the poor quality of our roads and also the flashfloods that often appear out of nowhere.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    it depends, medyo subjective pero eto yung gusto ko sa dalawang yan

Focus TDCi Powershift:
    > dual clutch transmission with S (sport) mode
    > turbodiesel advantage: above average FC, same speed as gas-fed engine but with more power (low-end peak torque), overboost function (gives additional 20+/-hp and 20Nm <10seconds)
    > leather seats and better interior quality

Lancer EX GT-A
    > Paddle shift
    > Better exterior
    > Rockford Fosgate sound system

i chose the focus. haha

ASX or Tucson eVGT? - ASX is underpowered para sakin. this would require you to step on the gas pedal harder to get power which in turn gives you a higher fuel consumption. I'd rather choose Tucson crdi since it has a better engine (177hp+/-, 390Nm? not sure but it's close to that figure), and it's a 4x4.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by sandakot View Post
    ASX or Tucson eVGT? - ASX is underpowered para sakin. this would require you to step on the gas pedal harder to get power which in turn gives you a higher fuel consumption. I'd rather choose Tucson crdi since it has a better engine (177hp+/-, 390Nm? not sure but it's close to that figure), and it's a 4x4.
    Depends on which ASX you are looking at. The ASX GLS (4x2) is a few kilograms lighter than the Lancer EX GTA. With it's CVT tranny, it gets good fuel mileage. If you want fast acceleration, manually shifting the CVT into its 6-speed manual mode gives it rather quick acceleration. BUT flooring the gas in any vehcle will result in high fuel consumption... but driving an ASX daily, the CVT in auto mode is good enough.

For city dwellers who will never drive on dirt beyond an unpaved parking lot, 4x4 is just an option, not a requirement. Going without it results in a lighter vehicle with better fuel economy.

4. Join Date
    May 2010
    between the two, i'd take the Focus. nuff said

5. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    if i have the money, ill get the focus hatchback diesel turbo....vr4ooooooom! plus you being a lady, you'll look more astig ;)

6. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Practical buy is the focus because of low fuel costs, while still having enough grunt for enjoyable fast driving.
    But if you want a car you can tune or dress up, without minding the more expensive fuel costs vs the focus, then go with the gta. Nice sounds din gta.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Getting a new car: Ford Focus 2012 or Lancer Ex GTA?