New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    I like the 'shark' Galant. But at 240K, I wouldn't buy a 1997 model and a Galant at all. I'm eyeing on pristine 98-99 Accords 2.0 MTs at around 190-200k. Make a little more 'tawad' may be you could get it around 160-170k neighborhood.

Financing a car, unless it was an internal arrangement, requires insuring and chattel morgage, that 135k might easily end up at 160-170k

2. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Momo25 View Post
    first time to post here.

anyway, i own a 1997 galant SS which i acquired in 2009 from my boss from san miguel. its been with me for 3yrs now and it has never given me headache. its a pretty solid car so long as the owner follows the maintenance schedule. fuel consumption is acceptable 6-8 km/l city and 10-13 km/l on hiway depending on traffic and road conditions.

at 26yrs old, i own 3 cars now, which i got as incentive from my company. and my galant which i named momo, remains to be my favorite in terms of stability and comfort.

for a 15yr old car. i would say that this model is superb in many ways. maintenance wise, its very cheap (for my standards), parts are still available. my civic maintenance is way more expensive than maintaining this galant. i highly recommend this car, speed, stability, and maintenance.

but we wary though, for sure, there are plenty of sellers around and since this car comes cheap in the market, and anyone can afford to buy...it may be prone to abuse. those who have had horror stories most likely abused the car. spend on quality OEM parts please. for any car to last long..er..
    Momo, can the OEM lower suspension arms (curve and straight) of our beloved galant last for 3 years? On Sept. 2009, I changed my lower suspension arms (curve and straight) w/ aftermarket parts, and Last year (May 2011), I changed my lower suspension arms but I decided to buy aftermarket/replacement parts because the price of the OEM is thrice as higher as the aftermarket. so, naisip ko non, na ok lang kahit yearly ako magpalit ng lower suspension arms na aftermarket if the OEM would last for only 3 years or less, same cost lang naman kasi. pareho po tayo ng ride, 1997 mitsu galant SS.

however, i am already beginning to hear tok sounds whenever my wheels fall into rough roads, so I'm planning to buy a new set of lower suspension arms na naman this Feb.-May, 2012. Well worth kaya ang OEM sa price nya na almost 3X or 4X?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Galant 1997 V6 'Shark' almost a giveaway at 170k, is it worth it?