New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Been searching around tsikot about this new entrant in the Philippine automotive markets but i can't seem to find any threads about it.

So here I am starting a new thread so the experts can start discussing the merits and demerits of their vehicle line ups.

Here's some review from different car sites

https://www.*****************/articl...gac-ga4-review

GAC Motor’s Cars Will Make You Reconsider Your Expectations Towards Chinese Cars – Go Flat Out

************ even called it the highest quality chinese car brand, and oh the safest too.

China's Highest-Quality, Safest Car Brand, GAC, Arrives in the Philippines | Philippine Car News, Car Reviews, Automotive Features, and New Car Prices | ************

Reading about these reviews, it does seem that we have a competitive car brand albeit made in China. you think the Philippines is ready to gamble on GAC Motor brands?

Anyone among the tsikoteers actually bought any of their vehicles? Their compact sedan GA4 is very interesting and is loaded at a very affordable price, GA4 1.5L NA M/T (788,000) and GA4 1.3L Turbo AT (988,000). These are subcompact prices from their Japanese counterparts and quite loaded as it is compare to the segment Japanese mainstream cars.

Let the discussion begin

And oh, they have a 5 year (160,000) Warranty too. Isn't that enticing considering most other brands offer 3 years only? Seems like they are very confident with the build.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    over priced imo. that gs8 looks good but it doesnt have a diesel engine.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    over priced imo. that gs8 looks good but it doesnt have a diesel engine.

Yeah I guess the GS8 is expensive, but then this vehicle directly competes with the likes of Landcruisers and Explorers which is twice its price. i don't think the regular Filipino will gamble their 2M for a China made vehicles though. But damn that's alot better looking and better equipped than a TOTL Fortuner which is almost on the same price range. They could have opted for a Diesel though instead of a Gasoline engine. I think that 2.0L turbocharge engine is pretty powerful (198Hp with 320Nm of torque).

I actually dig on their more affordable compacts and Crossover which is bang for the bucks. Reliability is the big question mark, but 5 years warranty ain't bad.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by carscout View Post
    Yeah I guess the GS8 is expensive, but then this vehicle directly competes with the likes of Landcruisers and Explorers which is twice its price. i don't think the regular Filipino will gamble their 2M for a China made vehicles though. But damn that's alot better looking and better equipped than a TOTL Fortuner which is almost on the same price range. They could have opted for a Diesel though instead of a Gasoline engine. I think that 2.0L turbocharge engine is pretty powerful (198Hp with 320Nm of torque).

I actually dig on their more affordable compacts and Crossover which is bang for the bucks. Reliability is the big question mark, but 5 years warranty ain't bad.
    yes the introductory price in the US is 33K which competes with the explorer. I was checking their status in Australia. mukhang wala pa duon.

I think the only exposure GAC had was when this Catriona rode one GS8 with James Deakin.