New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Ang trade in value ng mga tire shops bro sa stock 18" tires and mags nasa 20k lang eh, so minimal lang din mababawas sa overall price.

And then there's the problem of sourcing the 20" OEM mags, I assume not many people who'll buy Titanium variants will sell off theirs.
    Agree bro.

But my position is that, if I am buying a Trend,- I am keeping it stock.

So, I am not selling my 18" wheels and buy 20" wheels, to have the same look as the Titanium... I could not pretend my ride to be something else. Others, though may take this stance.

And with that, the price of the 20" wheels per se is not a factor for my consideration of the price difference in the model variants vs. the features each offers.

"The measure of a man is what he does with power" LJIOHF!

26.4K _/_/_/_/_/:hit:_/_/_/_/_/

2. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Bakit kasi kung alin yung supposedly offroad variant ang low profile tire.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by gundam View Post
    Bakit kasi kung alin yung supposedly offroad variant ang low profile tire.
    I guess market trends dictate that those folks who buy such vehicles seldom bring them off-road. .
    Last edited by Egan101; May 25th, 2015 at 04:50 PM.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    I guess market trends dictate that those folks who buy such vehicles seldom bring them off-road. .
    +1 more of an image thing na ang SUVs ngayon

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by cast_no_shadow View Post
    +1 more of an image thing na ang SUVs ngayon
    Even in small packages, manufacturers are doing their best to ride the growing trend in SUV affinity. Look at how Ford is doing with the Ecosport and, now all the others are playing catchup to get a piece of the pie.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    The Everest would be a great car to have if it can guarantee excellent reliability as with the preceding model.

The Ranger on which it is based on seems to have hit-and-miss reliability with many confirmed complaints. This makes me a bit wary of being made Ford's guinea pig, as lucrative as their deals may be.

Are you not considering the Trailblazer? Most powerful engine in its class, and not in danger of being phased out anytime soon.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    If you have no need to ferry 7 people all the time and has no hard requirement for AWD, I guess the best option will be the 5-seater FWD Kia Sorento LX. It shares the same chassis and potent 2.2L CRDI VGT engine as the 7-seater Sorento and Santa Fe.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    If you have no need to ferry 7 people all the time and has no hard requirement for AWD, I guess the best option will be the 5-seater FWD Kia Sorento LX. It shares the same chassis and potent 2.2L CRDI VGT engine as the 7-seater Sorento and Santa Fe.
    Sa product offering ng KIA,- wala na akong nakikitang LX.

It is now the EX alone at P2200K....

"The measure of a man is what he does with power" LJIOHF!

26.4K _/_/_/_/_/:hit:_/_/_/_/_/

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Check out the different dealers and they may have some units remaining. Kia dealers don't hesitate to give discounts just to move out their inventory. Last year they even offered around 200k discount for the Optima. hehehe

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Check out the different dealers and they may have some units remaining. Kia dealers don't hesitate to give discounts just to move out their inventory. Last year they even offered around 200k discount for the Optima. hehehe

10. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Juan Martinez View Post
    with all due respect, sir, i beg to differ. majority of Filipinos now have reached that level of consciousness in getting their needs or wants are driven not so much by brand names but by what is best suited for their budget or the best value for their money or the bang-for-the-buck concept. That is called, for lack of a better term, consumer pragmatism.
    how else can we explain that the car market today is no longer monopolized by the "big names" in the automotive industry. globalization, information at out finger tips, and internet forum like tsikot are catalysts in altering this outdated, nay outmoded perception. "time has upset many fighting faiths," so they say, and it has never been a truer postulate than today. household names or brands of old, like tupperware (when referring to plastic container) or vitsen (monosodium glutamate) or colgate (when referring to tooth paste), saw the beginning of their ends. and how else can we explain the saturation of the market of inexpensive articles sold by stores like CDR king and Japanese shops?
    BTT i go also for the titanium. for me (based on the 2015 ford eve thread) it's bang for the buck.
    Show us the sales figures or this is just BS.
    My bet is that the top vehicle sellers are still the big Japanese names except maybe for hyundai which really has captured some of the market share.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast