New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Hello!

I was about to buy a second hand car, my thread ( http://tsikot.com/forums/car-buying-...nd-car-100283/ ).

but wifey and I decided to get a brand new na lang. We're already approved by the bank both in house financing.

Here comes the decision time and I'm confused right now between the city and the fiesta. (Got approved also on the vios 1.3E AT but we excluded it on out list since almost lahat ng kamag anak namin naka vios.)

Again, I'm not a car enthusiast and I need your help.

They are almost the same price (1k difference).

Base on my observation:

Fiesta's advantage is - It has complete toys: Voice control command, fog lights, side mirror signal lights, steering audio control (na wala sa city).

City's advantage is - It's huge inside: kahit yung tatlong sakay mo sa likod mag dekwatro lahat ng sabay sabay, maluwag pa din. Another one is, sobrang comfortable upuan

I need your opinion or on these two, other pros and cons?

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    City for me. But i dont know the issues if the CVT of honda is ok na.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    The Fiesta's AT jerks at low speeds, but not all the time. Gets annoying, and we do not yet know how long will the transmission last (there are complaints and issues on the DCT). Handling is great

I think City is a safe choice. Although the CVT is new so only time will tell how long it will last

My fiesta's PMS costs is not far from what i used to spend on my previous gen City

Test drive both and choose the one that you feel you will love owning and driving

4. Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Thank thanks!

By the way I'm talking about the Fiesta's sedan not the hatch..

Will wait for more inputs..

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    City, definitely. It's not worth risking your hard earned money for a Fiesta when a significant number of owners encounter (expensive and recurring) problems with their transmissions - unless it's the 1.0 Ecoboost which is class-leading in terms of power, handling, and features. Since you're just looking at the run of the mill Fiesta, just get the City - larger, better resale value, more fuel efficient.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jut703; January 9th, 2015 at 11:13 AM.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    City. Aside from the jerking transmission of fiesta, di ka makaarangkada agad with its transmission.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dct View Post
    di ka makaarangkada agad with its transmission.
    I don't think so. I find DCT to offer better power delivery compared to a traditional AT or CVT. The 1.0L Ecoboost can easily out-accelerate even some compacts and it shares the same DCT tranny with the 1.5L models.

If going for the mid-range models, get the City instead of the Fiesta. The City is bigger and more fuel efficient, a better family car. However, the Fiesta drives better. The Jazz offers a better drive compared to the City.

If really going for the Fiesta, get the Ecoboost model. It's like a go-kart with 5-doors. Test drive one and you'd know it's one great package. Mash that gas pedal from a stop and the car just scoots away. I am happy with mine.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Iba ang ecoboost. I dont why e pareho naman ng transmission. Mas sumisipa agad ang ecoboost. Ang non-ecoboost ang taas na ng rpm pero dahan dahan ang arangakada mo. Less jerking din ang ecoboost. I dont know why

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dct View Post
    Iba ang ecoboost. I dont why e pareho naman ng transmission. Mas sumisipa agad ang ecoboost. Ang non-ecoboost ang taas na ng rpm pero dahan dahan ang arangakada mo. Less jerking din ang ecoboost. I dont know why
    I guess the primary reason is the availability of ample torque in low rpm for the Fiesta Ecoboost. Getting that max torque at 1500rpm and coupled with a linear response up to 4500rpm gets the Fiesta Ecoboost quickly up to speed. Get it past 5000rpm and the Fiesta Ecoboost pushes even harder with its overboost function. I wonder how much better will the 1.6L Ecoboost engine be in such a capable chassis of the Fiesta.

Ford's DCT is clanky in low gears but once it gets into 3rd gear, it smoothens out up to 6th gear. If you want lessen the clanky feel of the 1st gear snapping into 2nd gear, you need to time your pedal mashing much like doing in an MT car. Even the Fiesta Ecoboost can succomb to that clanky sensation if you're unfamiliar with how DCT behaves. It's different than the simple pedal mashing with a normal AT car.

BTT: The City is a great city dweller but it cannot compare to the sporty nature of the Fiesta, specially in the TOTL models. It all boils down to preference. We do have an old 2009 City but I am never a fan of its handling.
    Last edited by Egan101; January 7th, 2015 at 12:52 PM.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Yup. Maybe it's the torque and power. Ok sana ecoboost pero ang mahal. Compact sedan price na. So ya, it's about preference

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast